Monday, August 15, 2011

Shew, I'm so Sorry it's been so long!

Gosh, it's just CRAZY not having internet in our apartment, and seeing as I come her mainly with Grace (the library) I don't have the necessary time to update the blog!! But, here goes...seeing as it's just Brad and I today!!

Grace is getting SIX teeth in!!! I didn't even know until yesterday when I was brushing her teeth!!! 2 top back 2nd molars, 1 bottom 2nd molar, 2 top front teeth and 1 bottom front tooth!! She's been CRAZY drooling!!

A couple of days ago we came upon a therapy place that does PT, OT, and speech and went to get information, and if the doctor approves (once we get a doctor) then she can have double the amount of therapy and it will be covered by her Katie Beckett Medicaid!! (That's special needs medicaid). So I'm pretty excited about that. It's called "The Speech and Language Clinic Rehabilitation Center". It either costs or doesn't, but I was so excited when they told me insurance would cover. And they either do clinic or house visits, so that's great too. They are on the new system where there's just ONE person working with Grace, and if necessary, she's told by other people what to do for her. So for example, PT will work with Grace. Then if I think she needs some speech help, the Speech therapist will work ith PT to train her on what to do. I think it's pretty rediculous if you ask me. I don't want PT to work on speech, and I wouldn't want a speech therapist trying to do PT!! But with this place, if I ask for it, they will do one on one with EACH PERSON!!! So I feel SO blessed that I found that place.


Today, we will be going to Rigby to look at a house that is pretty promising. It's got land for Kailyn's horse, and looks pretty decent sized with a basement, so I'm excited. I didn't really want a house with a basement, but now that we've looked at enough with them, I'm really stoked about getting a house and basement!! It's amazing the temperature change, and our food storage will definitely be safe down there. We've seen quite a few houses that were pretty promising, but there were enough things wrong with them that we said no. Like one was pretty near perfect. We were feeling really good, liked it all, and had an AMAZING food storage room. But then my eye caught a water damage spot on the ceiling...and then when I was looking on the ground, I caught black on the wall, so when I bent down to see it more, I saw the cement was pretty wet, and the wall had mold. So the sprinkler water from outside had seeped into the cement, and up the wall. So obviously, a no. Then there was a house with land and all that you would need for a horse (tack room, LARGE lean to with 2 GIANT stalls and another partial barn with 2 more LARGE stalls, and then a hay barn, and it had an AMAZING riding area but was littered with rocks. But...the house was a manufactured home with dog pee carpets, bad paint job, and exterior wasn't very well managed. And...no basement, which means no food storage room, and the room were SMALL. House hunting is a big job!!

There's a family history center down the way, so I'm going to go to that sometime today or tomorrow. I'm excited to get back into my geneaology. And the Temple has a TON of walk in services so I can get my names done without having to have an appt!! So Brad and I will go do a ton of those some time this week or so.

What's next? I've decided to go back to school. I have to meet with the Bishop to get my ecclesiastical endorsement, and then pay the fee and sent my transcripts to BYUI, but after that, and hoping I get accepted, I will start in Jan. I'm not going to overburden myself, just one or two classes maybe, but I am going to get started. And then, when Grace turns three, she will qualify for state preschool, so I can bump up my schedule once I know hers. So I'm pretty excited. And I put in a job app for the library working part time, so I hope I get that!! It's just 10 hours a week. That's nice. I get to reshelve books and wander the library which is what I LOVE to do! And it will give me a break from Grace, and Brad more time one on one with her.

I guess that's pretty much it here...I better head off now so I can look at some more houses....I hope the one we see today is "the one." But we'll just ahve to wait and see with a pesimistic view...I always get myself worked up with optimism, so we'll go the other way now!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)