Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Talked About Kindergarten

We had a meeting today with Grace's preschool teacher, the school psychologist, speech therapist, general education teacher and the principal of the school she'll be going to.  Just I went because Grace is sick, so Daddy had to stay home with the kids.  I was really hoping we all could go so that the principal could get to know Grace and Brad could ask any questions that he had, but oh well.  She's just got a cough with clear mucus but I didn't want to take a chance getting anyone else sick or anything.  Anyways, she's going to have a full time paraeducator (aide) and so I'm really glad about that because I don't have to worry about her being bullied or wandering off.  The para will still go on the playground with her and so I don't have to worry about her falling while climbing anything.  There is usually about 20 students in the class, 3 adults including Grace's para, and the classwork will be adapted.  That means that if they have to write a certain number of the letter "A," she won't have to write as many.  The para will adapt the classwork on the fly and as she sees fit.  The only hard thing we have found is that she will HAVE to go to each enter in class, whereas with preschool she doesn't have to go to each center.  But I'm going to start having centers here at home to get her used to going from one thing to another, and we are going to use picture schedules here and at school so that she sees what's coming.  I'm so excited!  And the school is close so that I can walk her to school and pick her up.

Grace's home intervention therapist is here now with her and will be until 6 pm.  Levi, of course, is screaming his head off and I tried to deal with him but reached the end, so it's daddy's turn.  But I still hear him screaming so it might be my turn soon.  I can't wait to get over this colic junk.  And Grace will be glad when it's over with as well.  She gets extremely worked up when he cries all the time and tries to comfort him but is just really stressed out by it.  



There's our sweet girly :)


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)