Sunday, August 12, 2012

Busy Busy

Boy it's been a crazy busy week/weekend.  That's why I haven't been able to post.  I watched my friends daughter from Thursday until Saturday and during that time me, Grace and her daughter went to Montana!!  We were bored in Idaho so we wanted to take a mini vacation!  We rode the four-wheeler, she got to drive it with me AND by herself because she did so well, we went to an Uncle's house and visited with them before he stacked hay, we had smores, and we just had a great time.  On Saturday morning before we left, we saw (all on the same road, and on the way to the said uncle from before) 3 whitetail deer about 10 feet from us, a cow moose and her calf.  We both spotted the deer and the moose together, but on our way out we were looking for some horses to go visit (they'd disappeared though) and my friend's daughter saw the fox high-tailing it out in the field!  She's got an awesome eye!  Then later we were out riding around, no where in particular for about 2 hours, and I spotted our second fox, but she didn't get to see him before he went over the ridge.  We left for home about 4 o'clock, and then she went home and Grace and I relaxed.  We both went to bed early, got up super early so that she could take an early nap today (church starts at 1:30 so I put her down for nap at 11) and then that's where we will be until 4:30!  It's really quiet around the house without Brad, but I know he's having a great time with his brother on a Beartooth mountain hike, and know that I will have lots of stories to listen to when he returns, so we are basking in the quiet!  And I get to water the garden every night, which allows me to see all that is growing!  TONS of onions and tomatoes, our cauliflower and purple cabbage, and artichoke, a pepper, a watermelon (about the size of a mango), our broccoli is doing great (not producing yet but pretty big plants!) and the carrots are really popping up everywhere!

Oh!  I forgot!  I got my friend's daughter to trim some bushes around the house!  She wanted to so bad, so I let her!  She did GREAT and she's only 10, AND it was her first time!!


Well, a fun week/weekend, and a great way to spend some time while Brad's out having his fun.


Amanda


PS: Pictures to come but I have the computer in the bedroom, and not where the cable is for camera hookup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)