Well, it's been such a nice day. This morning we organized everything into Grace's new chest of drawers (which were then slammed during nap time, darn it) and she was so pushy about having macaroni and cheese for breakfast that yes, we did :) I love spoiling her and I don't think lunch for breakfast will harm her! Then we ran some errands and it felt so great to get money back from Walmart and walk out without spending!! We went to the post office to send some mail (we ran out of stamps) and then Grace picked out a new book of stamps...flags! They look great for the 4th of July coming up. And then off to the park to play and eat. They had hamburgers today but Grace was not interested. I didn't realize it until I tried the leftover at home that the burger was absolutely disgusting! Poor girl. She didn't eat very many of the french fries either and so it just wasn't that good of a meal today. But she loved the chocolate milk and fruit mix. We went back to the playground to play for a bit more and seeing Grace almost fall while trying to cross the bridge on the climbing equipment has rekindled my desire to have an all-inclusive playground put in. So I emailed the coordinator for the playground equipment and asked her to print the pictures of the possible playground I want put in. Then I'll meet with City Council once I figure out a presentation.
Now it's 2:20 pm and she's supposed to be sleeping, but she's in there slamming into her blinds, talking to herself and doing who knows what else. I think I'm going to have to figure out something else to do with her blinds because she's going to break them if she keeps slamming them. I'm trying to think of some type of board that I can secure over her window each time we put her to nap time. It sounds dramatic but blinds are not cheap!
The rest of the day? Well, I really need to take some things out from underneath the stairs, do a lot of organization/cleaning, but I just don't know. It's a beautiful day with barely little wind so I think we might just go play outside or have a picnic in the park or something :) The lawn could use a mowing...but isn't that a daddy's job?! Ha ha ha!
So far, a great day :)
The rest of the day was fun. She never went to sleep, I never cleaned, organized or did anything like that, and now it's 7:06 pm. We just got back from a community event for parents called "Parents as Teachers." They had an activity for kids to make a "cookie in a Jar" for their dads for Father's Day, and we also made a card. Here's the jar!!
Oh, and I bought Grace a tricycle!! We had went to another friends house to play and a little boy never shares with her, and we've had problems with this child a ton of times before. And Grace doesn't understand that she just needs to stand up for herself. There were two little boys...the one that owned the tricycle, and the pushy one. The boy that owned the bike gave Grace a turn, and then the other boy came over saying, "Get off! It's not your turn!" And he was peeling her fingers off the bike. I barked at him, "(Name), it is NOT your turn. It's Grace's turn so keep hands off." Then he went to throw another bike around and throw a fit because he didn't want the other one. But he finally told Grace to get off enough that she complied...darn that sweet girl, and so I grabbed her hand and we were out of there. He also wouldn't let her push the stroller around, and would actually hover over it like a dog guarding it's food as he got a drink of water. I was just so done. We got in the car, picked up a trike, and came home and put it together. And there you go! I taught her...well, let her know, that she doesn't have to share it, and that if someone touches it, she can say, "HANDS OFF! NO!! My bike." So hopefully the boy will get a taste of his own medicine. It's getting hard to bite my tongue every time we get together.....
Anyways, a video! Here's Miss Stubborn Grace...
Ok, we'll have to come back to that...I took the video with my phone so I have to wait for Daddy to come home to help me download it to the computer. I noticed I was saying bike...it's a tricycle.
And here is the picture of her eating the ice cream I promised!!!
FUN!!!
Oh, and I bought Grace a tricycle!! We had went to another friends house to play and a little boy never shares with her, and we've had problems with this child a ton of times before. And Grace doesn't understand that she just needs to stand up for herself. There were two little boys...the one that owned the tricycle, and the pushy one. The boy that owned the bike gave Grace a turn, and then the other boy came over saying, "Get off! It's not your turn!" And he was peeling her fingers off the bike. I barked at him, "(Name), it is NOT your turn. It's Grace's turn so keep hands off." Then he went to throw another bike around and throw a fit because he didn't want the other one. But he finally told Grace to get off enough that she complied...darn that sweet girl, and so I grabbed her hand and we were out of there. He also wouldn't let her push the stroller around, and would actually hover over it like a dog guarding it's food as he got a drink of water. I was just so done. We got in the car, picked up a trike, and came home and put it together. And there you go! I taught her...well, let her know, that she doesn't have to share it, and that if someone touches it, she can say, "HANDS OFF! NO!! My bike." So hopefully the boy will get a taste of his own medicine. It's getting hard to bite my tongue every time we get together.....
Anyways, a video! Here's Miss Stubborn Grace...
Ok, we'll have to come back to that...I took the video with my phone so I have to wait for Daddy to come home to help me download it to the computer. I noticed I was saying bike...it's a tricycle.
And here is the picture of her eating the ice cream I promised!!!
FUN!!!
Amanda





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)