skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Big Blue Beautiful Eyes
On May 19th I took Grace to Roseville because I was worried about her eyes. Her right eye wasn't dilating in the dark, and her left eye was always turning in. So after meeting with the eye specialist, he let me know her right eye isn't dilating because neurologically, the message isn't being sent to her pupil to dilate. He says this won't cause any problem with her vision...hm...if your pupil not dilating won't be a problem, then why do they dilate at all??? Anyways...the left eye is diagnosed as Amblyopia, which is the turning in of the eye, and that is caused by Esotropia, which is when the brain doesn't register that the left eye is there, and so it stops using it. Come on Brain?!! There is a big beautiful blue eye there just waiting to be used!! So we have been patching her right eye so we can help the brain "see" that her left eye is there, and so the left eye can get strengthened. Then, there will be surgery on the left eye to straighten in out...sheesh. All these big technical things for such a little one. But she is such a trooper. She doesn't even fuss when the patch is put on or taken off, and she does wonderfully adjusting to just one eye being used. I can't believe it. Through everything she's been through, she's been really strong, and hasn't put up too much of a fuss. I mean, with the surgery she would fuss if we moved her too much, but that's just from the pain, and ever that surgery was minimal. This little child is definitely teaching me about patience!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)