Last night we surprised the great grandparents with a visit on our way back home from Super Walmart. They were so excited to get to see little Grace! Papa, as always, made us chocolate milkshakes, and while we ate them, he laid on the floor with Grace and talked to her. It was so sweet to see him down there with her. He has numerous medical conditions that make it difficult for him to walk, and at times it's painful, but he got right down there on the floor without a second thought. It seemed as though they were having their own little conversation; one talking and then the other. At times she would roll over and he would say, "Uh Oh! She's losin' ground! Yeah, she's fine. She will be crawling in no time." I love watching the great grandparents get so much excitement out of Grace. Dado just loves to see Grace's face light up with a smile, and just gets so tickled when Grace smiles a huge smile right at her! I love hearing my grandma laugh at Grace. The visit was really nice, and I know that it made them happy. When we finally had to leave because Grace was getting fussy (seeing as it was 10:15 pm and past her bedtime) they walked us out to the truck and made sure to say "I love you's." I loved hearing papa say, "make sure you come over again soon!" And to watch him kiss Grace is so sweet. He is vision impaired, and usually has to be within inches of something to see it. But he knew exactly where her cheek was, and it was especially nice because Grace sat perfectly still in his arms while he slowly leaned forward and kissed her! I love them so much!! Next week we will be going out to lunch, just Dado and Papa with the granddaughter (me) and great granddaughter (Grace)!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)