06/23
This day I can say was definitely the best. Why, you ask? Because of the awesome thing that Grace did on this wonderful day!! She stood up, nice and tall...by herself (while leaning on the bar)...and fell/jumped into the pool!!! WOW! I'm so sad to say that I don't have enough pictures of it all because we were talking to another mother there. But the memories will forever be in my mind, because I was so lucky enough to be able to see her stand there, so tall and proud, and when the therapist open her arms towards Grace, she went for it!!! She had the trust of the world on her heart, and fell into her therapists arms!

The above picture is how she usually walks now :) Holding onto the noodle makes it a real balance test for Grace. She's got to use her core to keep her upright, especially when the noodle moves left or right. She does SO great walking this way!!

And here's Grace walking with just holding hands. Actually, today was awesome for another reason too because she stood by herself for 8 seconds, and took 6 steps by herself in the water! Congratulations Grace!

Here's the part where she pushes off the wall and kicks. She doesn't like the whole kicking part, but we still use this a lot because it's good for her leg muscles, and hopefully her coordination.

And here's the beautiful part of her therapy today. I wish I would have had all my attention on her, but there was a mother that we were talking to. But what I got to see, and what I got to take pictures of, is just beautiful. Here she is turning from facing away from Elaina. You are so awesome Grace. I'm just so proud of you...To have the trust you do to turn yourself on that wet tile, and not get scared, or to cry or even whimper...you are so Brave!!

And here she is facing forward. From here, she leaned back on the bar, waited about 5 seconds, and then Elaina stepped back, opened her arms and said "come on Grace!" and Grace leaned forward and fell right into the arms of her therapist with a big splash to boot! YEAH!!!
This was an awesome therapy session. I was so glad to be able to see her just into the water because it showed her bravery :) I love you Grace.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)