I can't believe I had time (made time) to write on Grace's blog! It's been too darn long. I'll need to be sure to make time. I am down to 2.5 weeks left of this semester and it's really coming down to the wire because I have 4 "A's," 1 "A-," and 1 "B+," and I won't be able to get the schools full scholarship unless I get that B to a solid A. So I'm trying my hardest! Grace is getting used to me being on the computer doing homework and so she's so much better about giving me some space and playing with her toys while I get some work done.
She is still getting up at 6 am...did I write that yet? If not, then yeah...she's up at 6 am. UG! It's horrible! I really value my sleep and since I have to stay up late to do homework that means I"m not getting much sleep. And family is here and I don't want to be ignorant and go take a nap and so I am yawning all throughout the day! This is where I wish I divulged in caffeine every once in a while. But Grace, caffeine is bad for your body, so you won't want to eat/drink anything that has caffeine in it! Anyways, this morning I found that she had knocked down the gate keeping her from roaming the house and was downstairs talking to Grandma and Grandpa! Silly girl! She got to go to school today and had a great time! She always comes out of the classroom rambling on and on and on...no exaggeration. She tells me elaborate stories with her arms and facial expressions and nonstop sentences and for the most part, I only get a few words here and there. And then I ask her questions like, "What did you eat for snack?" and she says, "um...hm...(taps her chin with one finger), I had crackers!" "Oh, yeah? What did you drink with snack today?" Again she taps her chin..."Water. BIG CUP OF WATER. And then usually I get a lot of random words and rambling that I can't really understand. But that's ok, I still acknowledge that she's saying something. After school we came home and played for a while, had leftover spaghetti, corn/carrots, water and Jewish Rye bread and then she went to bed, but didn't fall asleep until 3 pm. 3 hours of doing who knows what because she had no toys, no books and no stuffed animals. Crazy kid! While she slept I did a little homework, a little chatting, and back and forth :)
Did you know she can sing "Jesus want me for a Sunbeam," "I am a Child of God," and "Itsy Bitsy Spider!" I think there are more but I can't think of them. AWESOME! Hurray for Sunbeams! Can you believe that in January she will move up to CTR 4? AH! She's growing up so fast :)
The rest of the day was sitting around, playing and chatting. We had burritos and home canned pears with water, and then Grace got to have Grandpa and I draw on her MagnaDoodle. She absolutely loves that thing! I need to put it away because I'm so not in love with it and need a break from drawing smiley faces, circles and spiders. Ug. Silly girl.
I got a ton of homework done and now I'm headed to bed. I can't believe I'm actually getting to bed before 10:30 pm. Woo Whoo! It finally sounds like Grace is asleep...2 hours of her doing who knows what in her room in the dark (I tape her light switch down because she always turns it on at night. I don't know what it is about this kid and going to sleep anymore...always fights it.)
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)