Saturday, August 30, 2014

Some Bedrest Activities

So, since I'm on bed rest I have been trying so hard to find things for Grace to do.  I feel so bad that I have to lay down, but when I'm up too much I can feel that I've been up too much.  So here's some things we've done....
 Oh, wait, first...ELAINE!  I had to put this picture in here :)  Baby Elaine in the swing we bought her.  She's so cute!!
 Ok, there.  One thing we haven't had out in awhile is this magnetic doll set.  I brought a shelf out into the living room with activities on it...but I wrote about that in another post.  Anyways, she goes to these constantly and will sit and play with them for at least 30 minutes, if not more.
 And here I am trying to put together Grace's preschool stuff but this is while we were watching Ice Age and so of course she was right there...all she wanted to do was color in them, so I had to put it away after a few minutes, but oh well.
 Here's girly watching Ice Age!  You think she's sick?  Or tired?  Nope.  She tucked herself in to watch the movie.  It was so cute!!!  She said, "Mom, I gotta get my blanket.  And my pillow."  So I told her where the blanket was (I had changed the sheet on the bed and so the blankets were thrown in the corner of her room), she ran off and came back, and was all total business setting herself up on the couch.  I have really seen this girly grow up while my pregnancy has been going on.  It's like Heavenly Father has helped her calm a bit, and have a bit more independence, as if he knew I'd need it.  Well, of course he knew I would, but you know what I mean.
And I probably posted this before but this was another activity.  Shaving cream in the bathtub.  She loves it!


Oh, one more thing.  It's so cute when she says, "Mom, can we go for a walk?"  I love hearing it.  Love it love it.  So of course I took her on a walk.  But just around my block, and even with that, I could feel some pressure so I can't do it every day :)

Here is our schedule for the day...

She was up at 7:30.  Brought her into the bedroom and let her watch Arthur until 9:30 while I slept.  Then we had some breakfast (waffles with grapes) and did...stuff...until around 11:30 when we watched Ice Age.  And then lunch afterwards and nap time.  She went down so well for me because we came up with a plan.  "Grace, if you go to bed and you lay down like this (I showed her), and if you sleep, you can have ice cream with me when you wake up."  I had tried this yesterday and she didn't sleep, so no ice cream.  She went to sleep perfectly!  Woke up about 3:45 pm and then we played for awhile and then I let her watch Caillou while I slept from 4:30-5:30 pm.  And then we sort of ate dinner (grazed) and then went for a walk.  And the best part was from 7-8 pm when we cuddled.  Grace talked to Dado on the phone for about 3 minutes and then I did for a little while, and then she and I cuddled for the next hour in the recliner and it was fabulous.  Absolutely fabulous.  She and I sang together, tickled each other, talked and talked, and it was just great.  These are the moments that I absolutely love.  And I'm so glad it happened.  Then she got ready for bed about 7:45 pm and then she went to bed so well!  I give her piggy back rides to bed and that really helps her to be compliant, which is nice.  I got her all tucked in, we said our prayers, and I just really enjoyed our evening together.  Actually, the whole day.

Amanda




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)