So we haven't gotten out much this past summer and so I thought it would be good to go for a hike before the weather got to where it was too cold to go out. So we decided to go on a hike since Grace only has kindergarten for half days. I didn't quite realize it would be so long, though! It said online it was only 2 miles (4 miles total) so we headed out. But then we realized it was 4.5 miles in (9 miles total) but decided to go for it anyways because we are crazy! It was an insane afternoon, it took us so darn long and we were all so tired but we did it! Grace walked most of the way in and out so that was absolutely amazing, and I was so happy to see how sure footed she was on the trail even though it was uneven with roots, rocks and washouts in it. Levi also walked a lot of the way but we had the carrier for him so that was nice. Grace loved riding on Daddy's shoulders when she needed a break and it was fun to see her have fun with him. When we finally made it to the lake there was so much more to be desired but we made it fun by having popcorn, a freeze dried meal and other snacks.
SO much fun!!!!
Love you so much kiddos!
Amanda








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)