Yesterday was Grace's first time at Planet Gym for her therapy group day, and I think she had fun! Her Physical Therapist worked with Grace on standing at the balance beam, and moving to the side by stepping to the side and letting the other foot follow. She did pretty well, but she did whine like she was saying "mommy, what's going on...I'm nervous." But she did great!
After we worked at the balance beam for a while, we followed Grace over to the stairs to the trampoline! Her physical therapist helped her get on her knees, then up to squat, then up the stairs!! Of course, there was the nervous whining again, but I don't give in! I really want her to go through the motions repeatedly so that she understands it might be scary, but it will get her places!



She did so great!!! After playing on the trampoline, we went to the big room that had more fun stuff! I put Grace inside a tube, and she got out all by herself! I am so glad she didn't let the tipping of the tube scare her!


Here is the video of her getting out of the tube!
She did so great at her first group play day! Of course, when she went into the pit of foam blocks, she didn't enjoy that at all. And after that, she was whiny they rest of the time, but that's ok. She did wonderfully and I can't wait until the next trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)