Monday, September 27, 2010

Update from MRI land

Finally, we are home, and I'm awake enough (for this minute or two) to update Grace's blog and let everyone know how the MRI went. Well, we got onto the road a bit late...actually 20 minutes late...got there with 30 minutes to spare, and then I had to be snoody because the receptionist for admitting took someone back before us, even though we got there first. GRR. Don't mess with a mommy when it's this early, we are late, and I haven't eaten!! So whatever, we were able to admit her without paying because it was a re-do scan, ran her up to the MRI area, and then waited around about 30 more minutes.
Finally, they gave her the medication to make her loopy (relaxed) so that they could take her from me without her fussing (even though she wouldn't have anyways). After consulting with the doctor, signing papers, and everything else, we went to another area to wait even longer while they got the room set up.
So we played for a bit!! It was fun, Grace had a great time, and so we were able to relax a bit. But then finally the doctors came out, got her from us, and left her new bear and slippers behind for fear that the thread might cause a problem for the machine. I was lucky enough to get a picture of the MRI machine with my tiny little Grace right there!
About 2 hours later I finally got fed up of sitting in the waiting room, so I went to throw some cold water on my face in the bathroom. After I came out, I heard the sound of the crib wheels coming down the hallway, and I just had that gut feeling that it was the crib of my little one! I waited in the doorway, and asked the ladies "is it my little one?" And it was!! I was so excited, and so we hightailed it right after them and waited the extra 30 minutes or so for her to wake up from the anesthetic. Daddy finally ended up "helping" her the rest of the way to wake up by rubbing her hands and her belly...what an impatient Daddy! Then I got to pick her up and feed her. This MRI though was weird, because the waking up part was MUCH different than usual. The first two times, she woke up without problems. The third time, she took a while longer to wake up, but didn't fuss much. This time?? Shew! She was extremely fussy, took forever to wake up, and didn't get rid of that fussiness till we actually started walking out after being discharged! She would eat a bit, then cry and scream, and then go back to take a couple more sips of her bottle, then let go to cry and scream some more, and then back to the bottle! Silly girl! After awhile, we were discharged, Daddy went to get the car, and I walked down with one of the nurse assistants because hospitals are like mazes! Then we headed home. Mommy crashed on the bed when arriving home, and Daddy was a trouper and stayed up with her :) He knows how I get!! But all in all, Grace did wonderfully! She was such a strong little one, and puts up with all this stuff we do to her. Now, we are hoping the results come back in our favor!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)