So I have to brag a bit about Grace because she's just so SMART!! We've been working with her on saying "out", and have been using that ALL THE TIME when we go out the door, out of the room, out of the car, out of the bath, just OUT of everything and everywhere! And she's doing so great with showing that she understands! I had her in the bath this evening and had just about finished up the bath and sat there for a bit watching her, and it's like something just clicked in her head telling her that she was done, and she looked at me and said, "OUT". And I responded, "you want out Grace?" and she said, "out, out, out" over and over. Obviously, she wanted out! When I got her out, she just giggled and cackled so much because she was so happy. Another thing I've done with her (because repetition is key for children with ACC) is when I lay her on her towel, I make a huge ordeal of wrapping her with it, and I always make silly noises like you would hear when a plane flies over head..."SHEW, I got you!" She just gets SO happy, and you can tell she knows what's coming!!! Oh I love her.
Daddy has some great news about her as well. We read to her every night, RELIGIOUSLY!! (I love reading, so we've incorporated it). Anyways, he came out of her bedroom pretty quick and down the stairs with her saying, "you gotta see this!" He came and sat by me on the couch, and with every turn of the page, he would say to Grace "where's the kitty?" And she (for the most part) would put her hand right on the kitty!! AWESOME! I am so glad he's got her learning what a kitty is! Now I make sure I ask her where the kitty is every night we read that book! Good job Daddy and Grace!
Let's Go Geography ~ Review
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)