My heart is heavy this morning as I prepare myself to attend a funeral for a little 15 month old girl from my church. I didn't know her family that well because they've been out of church for so long battling alongside their daughter as they try to beat leukemia. But the passed few months a bond has started growing between the mother and I, and I am happy to say that we grew to be friends. Little Lilly and her family battled this horrible disease for 8 months, but in the end, Lilly was meant to go back with her Heavenly Father and do work there. She passed away peacefully this past Saturday night. I loved what her mother told me when I visited with them one time... "we play when we can. When she's awake, we play. Even if it's 1 am. So we had a late night last night, or early morning." And then she gave such a beautiful smile, and I could tell she was looking at the memory in her mind. The memories they will always hold of their beautiful daughter. The chemo and bone marrow transplant just didn't work for this aggressive disease. But for the 15 months that little Lilly was alive, I can firmly and 100% say that her family was by her side, making memories. And though her body isn't here anymore, I know, as does her mom, dad, and big brother, that her spirit will always be here. And will always be near. It seems so unfair that children should die so young, but I am so thankful that we know that we all will be with our loved ones in the future. And that...that is what helps us to keep living. To move on without forgetting...and without worry and sadness that we will never see them again.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)