First of all, the specialist said the fevers, sweating, and crying while in the car seat doesn't have to do with the spine. Crisis averted.
She spiked a fever again today. 102.5. It's been a week of these fevers now. It's pretty much: fever, Tylenol, 4-5 hours later another fever, so more Tylenol, etc. I've been at my wits end trying to comprehend this, and trying to understand why I'M the only one worrying about this. So I called the doctor AGAIN and he ordered a chest x-ray and urinalysis with a catheter. Blah. Catheters and Grace mean UTI trouble...hopefully not this time though. Anyways...
I got my blood drawn while waiting for the x-ray tech (to check genetic factors for her issues) and Brad got his blood drawn as well (same reason) and to check if we have any genetic issues that could be passed to another child. She did great getting her x-rays; one standing facing forward, one facing to the side standing. She was pretty nervous, but was a champ! After that we headed upstairs for the urinalysis cathing, and while there the ped. said the chest x-ray was clear (whoo hoo!). We waited around about 45 minutes...grrr....and were finally seen by the ped. who told us her urinalysis was negative too. So he swabbed for strep (since big sis has it BAD), flu, and 2 other infections. At this point, I'm hoping it will just say flu so I don't have to worry anymore...even strep I can handle, as long as we will know why she's been so feverish. But he said strep is usually really rare for children her age to get. Oh, and no ear infections. So that's where we are now. She's gotten a lot more sluggish, sleeping more, and is a lot pickier with food intake. Bottle intake has increased immensely to the point where she's been up between 12-2 at night for a whole 8 ounce bottle! Yeah but blah, as I get grouchy with lack of sleep...
Hm...we can't go to water therapy tomorrow. Her ped. said to stay home, and try to have her relax and not do anything too strenuous. That's not good because then it will be three weeks before her next session. But I do agree that she should relax, as she's been more tired. I'm only hoping she will feel better by Friday, as Alta is having a "Day with Santa"!!! And I need Santa/Grace pictures! So cute :)
Update for me. I don't usually post about me but this is important enough (I think) to have it on here. I'm going in for a mammogram. Yuck. But I found a lump, and the hubby felt it too. Dangit. Hopefully nothing, probably nothing, won't be anything but breast tissue (see?! I'm psyching myself up and being optomistic).
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)