WOW, it's started snowing! Last night it started, so we took Grace out to check it out. She was less than thrilled...actually, she was scared. But we'll work her into it. Daddy took her out a second time to check it out again, and he showed her how to open her mouth to catch the flakes. Well, they both opened their mouths successfully, but instead of Brad getting cold snowflakes in his mouth, he got a cold Grace hand!!! YUCK!
Since it was snowing and Grace and I had been stuck in the house the whole day and she had 2 hours till bedtime, we all headed to the mall. They have a play area that Grace likes to play in, so we would wander a bit, then go play. Then wander some more and then play again. SHe had fun, we had fun, and by the time we left, it was bedtime! Score!
It's funny. Grace got a gift from her friend "Grandma" Angie, and it's the leapfrog A-Z song player. You put the plastic letter in the spot you're supposed to (the whole learning toy is magnetized on the fridge) and it will sing for you. Anyways, as I'm sitting her writing this blog, Grace will bring me a letter, (It's supposed to be E) and if it's not E, I tell her, "go get E" and she will walk back to the fridge and grab another, and then all the way back to me with an M, or a B, and back and forth. She's doing so well with walking! And now I just glanced down at her and she'd grabbed the pillow off the couch, laid it on the floor and was curled up laying on the pillow snoring for pretend (it sounds like she's clearing her throat and then says "shew" as her snore :) I'll have to catch it on tape sometime! She also loves to say "I love you," but her way of saying it is... "I wuuuuv ooooo!" And when it's time to go to bed she says... "ni ni?" I say, "Yes, Grace, it's night night time." And she will go walk to the bathroom for "teet?" brushing her teeth, and will way and say loud and clear "BYE! WUUUUUV OOOOO!" It's so stinkin' cute!
Hm..what else?? She knows how to open the front door! Well, not get it actually open, but she pulls the lever to where it's not in the wall anymore, and she can peek outside. Whenever we are going to leave, I tell her, "Grace, we are going out. Let's go out. Go to the door." And she gets SO excited, stops whatever she's doing, and either crawls to the door or gets herself up with support and walks to the door. Then she'll stand there at the door knocking on it or wiggling the handle while she says, "out out out." She's doing great with her words!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)