Thursday, November 3, 2011

We're Alive! I promise!

So, yes, I know it's been almost a month since my last post, but I swear I have good reason. First of all, we're all alive and well, and no, we haven't frozen in the cold...yet. I would love to just post for hours and hours...right now, but I can't you see? Grace has therapy in 2 hours, so for that two hours, she has to be entertained. So that's me! And after therapy we leave to head to Rexburg to see our house that we're putting an offer on, and then to go walk the BYU campus that I'll be starting at in January. And after that? I don't know what's going on after that! But probably something that won't let me post. Here's a recap of things that have been going on...

  • Grace's speech therapist recommended 2-3x of speech therapy a week once we move to Rexburg
  • We move to Rexburg THIS MONTH!!!
  • We get out of this horribly tiny apartment!!! I get to have SPACE!!!
  • Grace has had two hearing tests in the past week...each saying she passes...which means her speech delay and communication...I mean lack of comm, isn't because of hearing loss, but because of her brain malformations.
  • Grace will be getting AFO's for her ankles so she can FINALLY stand up on her own w/o leaning on something, or holding onto someone.
  • We go to the Spina Bifida Clinic in Salt Lake next Friday for an all around checkup, and that's when an MRI of her spine will be ordered FINALLY
  • Her scoliosis has gotten worse...Her PT can tell just from watching her walk.
  • Her head is 17 inches around...still below 0% for her growth. 0% for her weight which is 22 pounds, and her height is 31 inches, giving us a 0% for her height. She's pretty much stopped growing. Her last measurements were...at 22 months she was 22 pounds and 32 inches, so she lost an inch on her height.
  • I got a serger from a friend :) She gave it to me because she couldn't use it any more (poor eyesight) and we had talked about how I was going to buy one. (WHAT A SWEET FRIEND!!)
  • I can't wait to move to a new ward. After more than 2 months I still have no callings, Grace has no play dates or friends, and I only know 2 women from the ward.
  • Grace said PUSH yesterday during therapy!!! It was actually PSH, but who cares!
  • It hasn't started snowing yet..thank goodness.
  • I'm still keeping up with Institute, though sometimes I'd rather sleep in.
  • I can't wait to start sewing, cooking, canning, and preserving again. And don't forget dehydrating.
  • I finished my first cross stitching project, and am already starting my second one!
  • Grace can pretty much walk non stop until she falls down or loses her balance, and then she'll crawl. I tried uploading video forever but it is too big. It's on my Facebook though.
  • Grace is getting so much better at her sounds. She can make the vowel sounds, and we are working on consonants.
  • Grace can count 1,2,3 but doesn't necessarily know what they mean yet.
I can't really think of anything else. I wish I had hours and hours to blog, but now she's done eating breakfast, on the floor now, and that means fingers always trying to tap the keyboard along with me.

Until...until I have some free "Amanda" time...

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)