Saturday, March 3, 2012

Toys

Ok, so I've cleaned out all Grace's baby toys out of her room, and I am sad to say that she's got maybe 3 age appropriate toys to play with! How SAD! So I went all over amazon.com and searched for Montessori toys, and here's what I came up with so far that won't break the bank...

50 Counting Bears with 5 Cups50 Count Bears with 5 Cups (for matching)
Melissa & Doug Deluxe 10-Piece Magnetic Fishing GameMelissa and Doug Deluxe 10 piece Magnetic Fishing Game

M&D Geometric Stacker

Tall-Stacker Pegs and Pegboard Set

M&D Stack and Sort Board


There are tons more, but those are in our price range. I haven't bought them yet...have to go through the chief before I can do that. There's also a counting one from 0-9 with sticks necessary, but I can improvise that one. And a cutting food one that I didn't add to the list because it was expensive. And of course the cyliner matching..like this...
Montessori Cylinder Blocksis $109...

And this...
Montessori Knobless Cylindersis $75...

But I did find this for only $13.99. This is "Kid Advance Montessori Wooden Texture Cylinders.

Sandpaper Letters are $15.99.

Montessori Lower and Capital Case Sandpaper Letters w/ BoxesSandpaper Letters are $35.99.

3D Feel & Find3D Feel and Find is $21.99.

So as you can see...a Montessori Home education for my daughter is EXPENSIVE! Some I can improvise...if I can figure out how. Some...there's just too many pieces to improvise!

Uhh...a sigh...I guess for now, she'll play with the same manipulatives.

I'll figure out some super cute things we can do to improvise with hopefully at least a 1/3 of these things. And I'll post as I go!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)