Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fast Day

It seemed like a really fast day today.  We stayed in bed until about 10 am because we were all just being so lazy!  Grace came to bed with us about 8:30 and we all just snuggled until Grace started pulling hair and slapping...she could just say that she's hungry!  After breakfast we got dressed to go run at the outdoor track at the school as well as run the stadium bleachers, but it was so darn cold that we only made it two laps around (1/2 mile) and so we went to the stadium bleachers.  There was an old man going up and down over and over.

Brad and I tried out the BYU-I stadium bleachers today. 3 times later...we're beat (up and down=1). Then we look over at this guy...he's easily 60+ years old...soaked in sweat and chugging along with his walking sticks. I asked him what number he was on...96 (up and down=1). WOW. What an inspiration. He said, "I did 120 Thursday and 105 Friday...I have done this for 2 years." WOW again. He also said, "This is a great workout for moms. It burns calories fast and it's easy...I've lost 60 pounds. Don't give up." I won't, bleacher climber, I won't.

That is the post I put onto Facebook today about the old man.  What a great guy he was!  

After this we headed back home, Grace got lunch and then we put her to bed...oh boy.  About 4 pm I went in to find a chocolate baby.  Yuck...I won't go into details, but I'll say it's the worst that I've ever seen.  So very quickly it was bath time and laundry time :(  

After this we played at home for awhile but then we all started going stir crazy and so we went to Albertsons to turn in some monopoly cards we have for the game going on.  I doubt we'll win anything, but it's fun trying :)

I'm telling you, this day went by fast!  We got home and watched a TV show while having dinner and then very quickly, as I was finishing up an assignment and Grace was coming in from playing outside with daddy, it was bedtime!  So I tucked her into bed, read her a book "The Way I Feel" and now she's in there talking herself to sleep!

It's 8:40 pm, all my homework for the rest of this week and a lot for my psychology class for next week is done, and so we are going to go watch some TV together (Brad and I).  It will be nice to not be taking 4 classes soon.  I'll just have one math class and I can handle that course load.  It will be a nice break.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)