Monday, April 27, 2009

Graduation is on the way... :)

Well, today at the college I finally went to buy my cap, gown and tassel. Shew...$27! But seeing how I didn't walk for high school because I was absolutely DONE with the high school scene, I am definitely taking full advantage of this graduation. Yeah, whatever, some might say "it's just community college" but yeah, did you see that one word in there...COLLEGE!! 3 years at this school and I'm finally moving to bigger and better things. And the only reason it took so long is because I not only got my general ed done, but also finished about 1/2 of my liberal studies degree as well so I don't have to at Sac State! So there! Anyways, I'm going for the huge deal bit...grad invites, big dinner after, family coming, my grandma already said she will cry because she a "blubberer", I'm totally psyched because I'm graduating before my older brother (yeah, the usual sibling rivalry at it's best) and this gets me one step closer to my career of choice! Brad's pretty excited too. Seeing how our marriage isn't the norm, he is actually going to benefit immensely from my getting the necessary degrees and credentials to teach because that means retirement for him :) He's worked hard enough for the past 20+ years, now it's my turn! That's one of the plus' for him with our marriage :) I start my career and he finally gets to relax! A plus for me is that he will be home, which is what I LOVE coming home too!! But still, that's a few years away. But 23 more days and there will no longer be college for me for a little over three months! WONDERFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)