Dearest Daughter,
I am so sorry that I haven't been keeping up your blog. I've gotten lost in the midst of schoolwork, holidays, birthdays, and then the struggle your brother is having with his divorce. I've loved so many moments with you that we've had, and keep them in my mind and heart. It is now 11:05 pm and must be getting to bed so that I can get you up and to school in the morning, but I just want you to know that I love you. Here is a list of things that have happened throughout the past weeks that I've missed writing here:
Mommy's birthday! We went to Uncle Brian and Aunt Lisa's house for my birthday. We got there on Thursday, went skiing on Friday (we had a babysitter come watch you. She was the sweetest girl and had cerebral palsy, so she understands what it's like to have special needs!), on Saturday we went out to dinner for my birthday to Straw Hat Pizza (YUM), on Sunday Donna, Lane and Trudy came to visit, and then on Monday (my birthday) we headed home. It was such a beautiful day to be driving home, and you were such a good girl! I thought it was so cute when you fell asleep in your car-seat because you had one leg crossed over the other one at the knee, your head was slightly back, and your little mouth was hanging open :) I left you in your pajamas so that you would be comfortable.
You love going to their house. Every morning, when you first see uncle Brian, you yell his name... "MYAN!!" over and over you say it. And then you put your arms up and say "up" and then he picks you up and throws you in the air. You and he giggle and laugh with each other. You also sat by him during dinners and he would give you food from his plate, or some more food once you ran out. You two just get along so well. You also love your "Aunt Seesa!" You love to play with the fun toys she brings out. One day, while I was doing homework on their couch, you and Seesa were in the little tent she had put up and were playing with the pretend food. She had a baby doll sitting in a pretend high chair and you guys were feeding her. It was so cute to hear you and Lisa talking together and pretending to eat food. You were in there with Lisa for so long...about 20 minutes! Every time you were around Lisa you would try talking to her, and sometimes I didn't even know what you had said. She's really picking up on your "Grace's language." I love that she is able to do that. That way you are being understood by someone other than me. Uncle Brian is picking it up as well, so that's good.
I'll finish this list later. It's too late now.
I love you.
Mommy
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)