Saturday, February 23, 2013

A WHOLE WEEK!

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I've written!  I am so sad that I've missed out on 7 whole days of writing about the fun things we did!  I'll try to write it out here, but I'm probably going to miss a lot of things that we did.

Sunday:  You went to Sunbeams today.  You got to see Janica there, so you were pretty happy with that.  She had been teaching the lesson and so you ran up to her and she held you while she finished.  After church you had a nap and while you napped I made dinner since the whole Miskin family was coming over.  They came over for dinner and it was really good.  It was sausage with gravy mixed with seasonings, dried spinach, flaxseed, corn, carrots, zucchini and celery.  You REALLY liked the sausage, and so I just kept right on feeding it to you.  It's healthy!  Then you went downstairs with the kids and played and watched them play the Wii while the adults stayed upstairs and played catchphrase.  Bedtime came and then you were out like a light!

Monday:  You had therapy today.  There wasn't much that went on besides therapy, but after that we all drove down to Idaho Falls to go to the museum.  It was a free day because it was their 10th anniversary.  It was extremely busy and you were pretty upset that you couldn't touch any of the models.  The theme was "Carousels" and so there were so many different animals that we saw there!  You would keep screaming in excitement and pointing out one after the other!  It was so cute!  After that we went to Chinese Buffet.  We all really love that restaurant, and you ate a ton of food.  But we could tell you were really tired because you were acting way hyper.  We got home around 7 and I put you to bed around 7:30.  You, once again, were out like a light!  I wish I could have flooded the journal with pictures, but a lot of them were just the items there, and not with family in them.
 Daddy and Grace next to the pig carousel.
 I thought these ones were beautiful, but what I liked the best is that she pulled me over to her so we could pose!
 Daddy and Grace.  The geese's wings go up and down and the feet look like they are walking when it's moving.  But they didn't let it move.  See that guard rope?  Well, Grace had reached over and touched one of the geese and a woman that worked there bolted over and pulled her hand away from it, bent down and told her no.  Now, I was okay with this.  But then for her to hover, and rock towards Grace when Grace pretended like she was going to touch it again was overboard.  She was like a shadow.  I could see her out of the corner of my eye, and she was staring Grace down.  But, I bit my lip, and we moved on.  I understand that these things are really old and that, no, she shouldn't have touched.  Next time, though, back off and trust that I know how to parent!
The family that went :)  Most of the pictures with Skyler in them have him doing goofy faces, like the one above!
Last but not least, Grace riding the pretend horse!  She actually kicked it to try and get it to go.  How cute!

Tuesday:  You had preschool this morning and I could tell you had a lot of fun.  You didn't want to leave and so I had to make you stay in my arms.  But after we got in the car you were fine.  You mumble jumbled back there while we drove home, and once we got home, you had a snack.  We played together for a while until you went down for a nap and then I got on the computer and did as much homework as I could.  At 3 your therapist Kelly came, and so you had fun playing with her in your room!  The rest of the day was pretty normal.  We wandered around the house, played with your toys, watched Elmo, and piddle diddled until it was once again bedtime.

Wednesday:  I can't remember much of this day, but I do know it is one of the days that you don't have anything going on, so it was probably pretty boring.  It's so tough that the snow is here because we NEVER take you outside, and so we get stir crazy in the house.  If you wouldn't get sick so easily we would probably take you out more, but I'm just too worried about you getting sick.

Thursday:  You had school in the morning, and when you came to the lobby, you smashed your face against the glass and made some REALLY funny faces at me!  Then you dropped your backpack on the floor and refused to pick it up, so your teacher had to pick it up for you!  Silly girl :)  Then we came home and played, had a quick lunch, then you had to go down for nap.  But you didn't nap very long...you were more interested in jumping up and down in bed.  So when I went in to wake you up after your 20 minute nap, you weren't really happy.  But you had fun at therapy, and then we met Kelly at the library and she worked with you there.  A change of scenery was nice and for the most part, you did pretty well.  After that the evening went by quickly.  I don't really know why, I just know it did!

Friday:  Wasn't too exciting.  Same as it was on Wednesday, really.
Look how much snow there is!!  That's Scotty's track from the dog house and back.
 Here's Grace!  She was watching Daddy out back shoveling the snow.
And then here she is modeling the snow!  It doesn't normally fly into the front door, so this was funny to see!

And today, it's Saturday.  The snow was coming down in buckets and buckets, and so we haven't even left the house at all!  In the morning you played in your room really nicely by yourself for about 40 minutes, which gave me time to not only get dinner in the crock pot but to also make breakfast and lunch!  We had oatmeal for breakfast and we ate together while I finished reading an amish book about how to put their values of family into your own life.  I thought it was such an interesting book, and loved reading about how focused they are on family.  After that you played a bit with daddy and Skyler while I cleaned the kitchen and made lunch.  We had cheeseburgers but you were not having ANY of it.  You were so tired!!  And now it's 2:45 and I heard you mumble a sentence in your bed.  I don't know if you fell back asleep or not, though.  Once you wake up we will probably play with some of your horses, read some books, go to the kitchen to taste the soup to see if its good (Chicken noodle with TONS of veggies), and then vacuum the living room.  You'd thrown your crackers on the ground and then stomped on them.  Oh and we'll finish the laundry, and then you can help me sort it all!  If there's time, we will watch another Elmo (even though you already watched one) or we will do some sort of art project.  I guess it really depends on how hyper you are.  I am having a craving for ice cream but I will try to be good :)  I think we will also throw in some freezer organizing, too.  OH!!!  Brother Ryan went on a date!!!!  This is his first one ever!  He had gone to a dance with Cousin Boyd and Brother Ryan and had an awesome time!  He danced with this girl, Maryn (?) for 2 whole hours!  We finally talked him into calling her today and he did.  He invited her to the movies and she was so excited that he had called.  So I'll report on how that went later.  23 years old and going on his first date in his life.  Wow...

That's it for now!  I'm going to go check the soup :)


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)