Thursday, February 28, 2013

(Wednesday) Fast Day Today!

I can't believe how fast today went, but it's because I went to the family history center!

Today started out like any other, but I did get up a bit later than normal.  We were up about 9:30 am, and you were such a sweet thing to see this morning!  You had cereal for breakfast today.  3 bowls of it!  I don't usually let you have sugary cereal, but I just had to today.  You had Lucky Charms, but really, you just like to eat the marshmallows in it.  You were sitting next to me eating while I checked out my Facebook and homework.  After this, we played around for a while, and then ran some errands.  You didn't go to bed until about 1:30 pm just because I had gotten you up too late.  I didn't want you to feel like you were in bed the whole day!  I went to the Family History Center to make our family tree more complete, and to find some ancestors and things like that.  I was so consumed with it that I didn't come home until 6 pm!!  You had fun, though.  You played with Daddy and watched your Sesame Street while I was gone.  Daddy had sent me a video of you saying, "hi Mommy.  Where are you?  Come home.  I love you."  It was so sweet!  You and I had leftovers for dinner.  We had some bean soup from yesterday, and some alfredo penne with brocolli.  That was pretty good, but you just weren't too interested in eating!  We had a brownie for dessert!  It was a chocolate brownie with white and brown chocolate chips on it.  You LOVED it!  Well, of course I did as well.  Neither of us could finish it, so it's still sitting in the fridge.  I think that I'm going to eat the rest of it now that I'm thinking about it. :)  You are my sweet pea, but the way!!

It was so cute watching you with Scotty today.  After we got home from our errands, Scotty was playing out front while I was bringing the groceries in.  I called him once, but he didn't come to me, and so you went to the front door and yelled, "Stotty!!!  Tum IN!  NOW!"  It was so darn cute, and he listened, which is a great thing that came of this.  I like that you enjoy helping me with things like this.  Oh, and then you ran around with him for a while while I put the groceries away.  Also, you enjoy putting groceries away.  Last night we had gone to Sams Club in Idaho Falls and whenever I had gotten something off the shelves, you would carry it like such a strong girl to Skyler or Daddy, who would then put it into the cart.  And even when we were just walking around, you were following like a good girl, and didn't grab or pull too many things off the shelf.  I can say that just a few months ago you were touching everything!  But you've gotten so much better.

Today was a nice day.  It was sunny and the snow teased a bit, but it was a sunny day.  It's 12 degrees right now and was probably in the 20's today.  

Tonight I made chicken leg/breasts with a gravy in the crockpot.  It was supposed to be dinner but since I didn't get back from the Family History Center until 6 pm, I made it so that we could eat it tomorrow.  That way, I can use the crock tomorrow for something else!  I'm thinking a bread pudding.  Brad really likes this, and I'm assuming Skyler does to, as will you.

Shew, it's 11:56 pm.  I tried going to bed early last night.  I went to bed at 10:40 pm, and ended up not being able to fall asleep until after 12, and then I was rolling around most of the night.  I woke at 4 am and felt as if I'd slept long enough, but went back to sleep because it was too early.  So then when my alarm went off at 7:30 am, which is when we normally get up, I was SO tired from having woken up at 4!  It messed me all up for sure.  

Today is the day when I found Levi Savage Jr's complete journal.  Levi Savage Jr, who was the co-captain of the Willie Handcart Company, is my 8th cousin, which means he's your 9th cousin.  That means that way down the line, he is a cousin of yours!  

Well, I think that's pretty much it for today.  

I thought I'd list some things that I use during our daily activities so we can look back in the future and see if things have changed.  Here's some:

I use an Ipod to listen to music.  
I use a wonder oven to cook some food.  This has two pillows in it filled with...something like styrofoam, and you boil whatever you are cooking in a pot for about 10 minutes, and then you put it between the two pillows in a tupperware box, and this will cook the food for you.
We use microwaves to cook food.
We have mail still coming in the mail, Monday-Saturday, and our mailbox is one that has a flag on it to put up when we've put something in it.
We have $1,$5,$10,$20,$50,$100, and for change we have: 1,5,10,25,50, and 1 dollar coins.
Our car has a button to push that can unlock, lock, and turn on an alarm.
I use blogspot, facebook, the byu-i homework page, yahoo email, and pinterest.
I use my cell phone as my alarm, and it is a cell phone that you can slide and then there is your keyboard to type with.

Well, that's all for now :)


Amanda/Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)