Monday, February 25, 2013

Sad and then Happy Sunday

We were so sad because Saturday night Scotty had run away and we didn't know where he was.  We went out around 11:45 pm to look and call for him, and then I went inside to stay with Grace.  The guys were out for a while and then came in with a story of police coming.  While they were walking around, a red truck kept following them, here and there and everywhere.  Finally two cops showed up and took down the guys information and said they were called in as a "disturbance."  How silly!  Why didn't the person just roll their window down in the truck and realize they were looking for a dog!  So, that was a horrible night.  Sunday morning was super hard too because he still hadn't come home.  I had let everyone know on my facebook and so people kept asking if we'd found him.  But no, we hadn't.  All through the day at home I kept having the thought I'd go out and look for him, but was so sad and tired that I just laid down once I put Grace to sleep.  When she woke up the nagging feeling that I needed to go out was so strong that Grace and I finally went.  Neither of the guys wanted to go, so it was just me and her.  Our windows were rolled down and Grace and I both called for Scotty, over and over, as we drove 2 mph on each and every rode in our subdivision.  Can you imagine little Grace?  "Stotty?  Stotty...tum heeeerrrreeee!  Stotty!  (Mumble gumble).  NOW!"  It hurt so much to hear that.  I prayed in my head, called to him, then prayed out loud.  Kept driving, kept calling and praying, looking behind us in case he was running after the truck.  We were going down a particular road and I felt the need to look in an empty lot to the right.  I saw what looked like a black and brown rock, but I looked back.  Sometime had caught my eye.  It was HIS eyes!  At this point I'm blubbering like a baby, not caring WHO was around me.  I ran to the edge of the lot and almost climbed over the 2 feet of snow but he had practically flown from where he was sitting at the far back of the lot, wedged between a wall of snow and a chain link fence.  He jumped into my arms, whining and licking and nibbling me over and over.  I was balling and telling him to NEVER run away again.  It was a mess...really!  Now I'm happy there was no one around me.  They might have thought I had gone insane.  But really, how would you feel if your husbands heart and soul had been ripped out because his pup was gone?  He and Scotty are joined at the hip, no joke.  Scotty follows him into the bathroom and sits beside the toilet.  And we take Scotty everywhere.  Even when we go to the movies, he goes in the car and just hangs out in Grace's carseat.  Anyways...back to the story.

So I bring him home and I had collected myself but right when I walked in the door the emotions broke and it all started again.  The two guys came STORMING up the stairs because (what they later told me) because they thought I had found him dead.  Shew...I'm glad I hadn't!!!

Fast forward about an hour.  We went out to go to Walmart because I needed to walk, be warm, and see humans all at the same time.  We drove by where I found him and I walked back to the fence.  He had paced about 20 feet back and forth along the fence until the wall of snow was about his height, and then I walked to the right and found where he had dug down about 3 inches more into the frozen dirt.  That's where he slept.  Thanks to Heavenly Father the chain link had the plastic slates, in it, but not only that, there was a thick bunch of brush right where he slept, so the wind was kept off of him.  He has a cut on his nose and I'm only assuming its from digging in the freezing dirt, in the freezing dead of night, trying to get as deep into the ground and as close to the fence as possible.  

That silly dog.  I hope he never does that again.  Ever.  He slept with us that night :)  I had told Heavenly Father...well, pleaded...that if he brought Scotty home I'd NEVER be mean (raise my voice, scold when he sleeps on my pillow, begs at the table, chases the cat), to him AGAIN!  So, I'm going to keep that promise.  

Thanks be to Heavenly Father for bringing our pup home.  We missed him dearly, and are happy to have him back.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)