It snowed all night last night, so I'm SO glad I had found Scotty when I did! We didn't do much today. I made tapioca pudding and got some sauce cooking for lasagna.
Here's what's in my homemade sauce:
Home canned quart of whole tomatoes, diced
One zucchini, diced
3 large carrots, diced
4 stalks of celery, diced
3 tablespoons of home dehydrated spinach (powder)
1/8th cup flaxseed
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
Spicy Italian seasoning (for homemade spaghetti sauce)
Let it simmer until the veggies are somewhat soft. Grind until smooth, then add with your ground beef that you've already cooked.
Anyways, I made lasagna. But I was in a sour mood just because I was really tired. I'd run lots of errands, this and that...anyways. I didn't finish making it until about 7:50 pm, so Grace ate and then went right to bed! She had really rosy cheeks today because something made her excema stir up, so I put some lotion on her face before I put her down. Oh yeah...
Daddy went in to get Grace out of bed because he was already up going to the restroom anyways. It was around 9 pm, so not too late. Anyways, I heard the "uh, oh" and knew she was naked. She came running into my room, in her birthday suit, and I'm happy to report that her bed was DRY! She got to take a morning bath (which seems to be starting a trend) and I got to be lazy a bit longer! She's such a smart girly because she'll say "all done" when she wants to get out, and so I tell her, "Ok, pull the drain, and I'll get your towel." And while I'm going in her room to get the towel, I hear the drain pull and the water draining! Smart girl!!
We wrote a letter to Me Ma today. I like to find an article in each months church magazine and send it to her with a little note, so we did that this evening while the lasagna was cooking. I let her draw on the card and what did she make? 3 smiley faces!!!!! And you can definitely tell what they are too, which is the greatest thing! Me Ma (my mom) will definitely love the card!
It's 10:21 pm, the guys are downstairs watching a scary movie, I just finished up some homework and am now writing this while trying to find something that I would like to watch while working on a little bit of family history. I found that I'm linked to Abraham Lincoln, thanks to a third cousin I didn't know existed! I am Ab's 1 cousin 6 times removed. Anyways, I'm just loving family history, so I'm going to go work on that a bit now. Goodnight! Preschool in the morning!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)