I had a better day today, emotional wise. Grace could tell I was doing better too because she did better as well :) I got some of her home preschool stuff cut up and ready to be laminated, and she tried really hard to help me use the paper cutter but it was just too flimsy for her to really understand. I was feeling the itch to get out and had been feeling good today so I decided to take Grace to Walmart because we were going to get more shaving cream and popcorn kernels for sensory play. She wanted to go to DI, and actually asked to go, so I went there first but they were closed because it is Labor Day. Duh. Anyways, we spent all of 5 minutes in Walmart before I started feeling the tightness in my stomach again, so home we went. Darnit. I really thought I was doing ok! When we got home we started watching Ice Age 3 because we've watched the other two, but this one was WAY too scary with all the giant dinosaurs. So we watched most of Marley. We had lunch and Grace went to bed at 2 pm, didn't fall asleep until 3:30 pm, and I let her sleep until 6 because we were going to a friends house for her little girls birthday. It was so cute because we went to sit out front and get a little air while waiting for the time to go by until 7 pm, and Grace wrapped her arms around my neck and put her chin on my head and said, "Look, Mom. Look at that plane." It was just so sweet that there was no hair pulling or anything that I was really expecting. She kept wanting me to see the plane and it was just a really nice moment. She'd turn my head so that I was for sure seeing the plane, and I just loved feeling her wrapped around me like that. Then we headed over to the friends house and Grace had the best time!! We had chocolate cupcakes with homemade huckleberry frosting (fresh picked huckleberries, whipped cream and sugar) and then watched Seriah open her presents. Grace had great fun running around with Dallin and I was so relaxed and happy to be out of the house, resting on a couch and still letting Grace get some fun in. Martin, the father, had actually come over at 7 pm to see if he could pick up Grace but I was feeling good enough to get her there. I thought that was so sweet! And when we were headed home at 8:45 pm he asked me if I wanted him to carry Grace home, but I ended up having her walk, so it was ok. They even brought up how rough their son has become with tackling and things like that and we talked about how this might have come about, and it made me feel so good to know that they are also frustrated about the fact that he has learned these behaviors from another child/other children. And they were really good about reprimanding their son when he was too rough with Grace.
All in all, a great day. And tomorrow is going to be fun because it's GRACE'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)