I can't believe how fast these days are flying by. I have always wanted to set up days with Grace where we have a schedule of "preschool time" at home, but there are so many things going on that morning to evening comes so fast! For example...
Today I figured Grace would be at therapy from 10-1 and during that time I had a doctor's appointment at 10:20. I figured I'd get the checkup done and then come home to do an hour or so of homework and then go get Grace, give her lunch, have her nap while I go to school and then when I got home, we'd have dinner together and then some preschool time. BUT. (I know. Right off the bat I see that there wasn't even time for preschool stuff even without the extra things that have gone on today). Anyways.
Grace got up at 7:30 am and I had a tough night so I slept in until 9 am while she watched cartoons. I dropped Grace off at therapy and then headed to my doctor appointment, which is where everything went crazy. I shared with the doctor about the pains that I've been having the past few days (and nights) and after being checked...let's just say I had to be monitored. While being monitored they saw contractions that were coming on every 1-2 minutes so I had to stay even longer so that they could give me a shot in my hip to stop the contractions...time is ticking by and I'm still being monitored. All of a sudden 1 pm was here and I had to rush to get Grace and then get back to the doctor because they wanted to do an ultrasound. So hurray to pick up Grace, rush her home and feed her (and me), and then see if my friend could come earlier to watch Grace so I could go back at 2:15 pm for the ultrasound. Thankfully my friend ROCKS! She came over at 2 and I packed my backpack to jet to the appointment and then to class at 3:15 pm. Well.......
I waited for an hour for my ultrasound. No one knew why I was there and so they had to get ahold of the nurse that had worked with me in the morning so that they could figure out what was going on. And then they were already squeezing me in, so that made it harder. Bye bye class. In I went to my ultrasound and all the measurements of heart rate, breathing movements and the cord looked great. And then the ultrasound tech gave me 2 "prescriptions" for free Dairy Queen sundaes!! It's because I was so patient (waiting for an hour for my appointment). By the time I got out of there, there was no reason to head to class so I headed home. Grace was a very good girl for my friend, and she loved having her little boy friend there to play with. After my friend and her son headed out I put Grace to bed and tried to do homework, but ended up falling asleep. 5:30 pm came rushing up! AH! She slept in so late!! I woke Grace and we headed to Dairy Queen for our two free large Sundaes and then I figured I should take her to the movies as well!!
We got home at 8:30 pm and thankfully, girly went right to sleep!
What a busy day. Shew. Most of our days seem to fill up with so much "stuff" that there isn't time for "sit down preschool" time. Someday our lives will slow down!! For the most part, I like it being busy. And once this little boy comes, it's going to get even crazier. So I'm going to enjoy this time I have with JUST Grace, and who cares if we aren't doing preschool work at home. We are bonding other ways and that's what counts!!
Goodnight world.
Amanda


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)