I can NOT believe it's already been more than a week since I posted! Nothing has really happened. Gymnastics and therapies, the typical. During the summer there isn't usually much to report. We did go to the spina bifida clinic and Grace's bladder is spasming, which is something that shouldn't be happening. Her bladder has grown some, which is fabulous, and can hold about 250 ml of fluid, so that's a good amount. Now we have to start catheterizing because they want to see if we can't get her dry if we can train her body to hold it. Yeah right. So every 4 hours we cath, and if she's wet in between the cath periods, we go down to 3 hours. I'm really hoping this won't last long because she HATES being catheterized, and I feel just the same about doing it.
It seemed to take FOREVER to get there! A blowout for each kiddo, a new outfit for Grace because of it, stopping for potty breaks, me sitting in the back most of the time, and constant noise...shew.
Playing in the super awesome play room!!
Grace's prize for doing so well with her CMG...bladder test.
Levi hanging out and waiting until we have a room available for the Spina Bifida Clinic. Grace is off playing with a little girl that was also waiting.
And right when we got home, the kids went right to the books. I love having bookworms :)
Other than that, there isn't much going on. Oh, we're going to put her on some mood stabilizer/hyperactivity medication because it's gotten to a level that is seriously uncontrollable.
Ok, so fun stuff coming up. We're headed to California!!! I can't wait! I'm nervous just because it'll be me and the kids, but we should be fine. Grace is super excited to be able to see Dado and Papa, as am I. And I really can't wait for them to see how much she's grown and matured, and to meet little Levi. I was wanting to take Grace to Bodega Bay because she's always asking to see the beach, but there have been discussions going on about a huge earthquake that's going to cause a tsunami and I really don't want to be watching it come in. So I might just take her to a river around their house and call it a beach.
Well, it's late and I'm tired. Love you girly.
Amanda/Mama






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)