Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just Hanging out...and then a doozy of a sad day...

 05/03/12
Grace was being super cute today, so we've got some cute pictures to share...but it's not all fun and games...and it still makes my stomach just to my throat when I think about it or see the pictures...

 Grace watching Daddy play his game!
 We have one like this with her as a newborn except she was laying on his chest looking over his shoulder.
 Being so silly!
 AH!!!
 Mommy and Grace reading.  You will find us like this, sometime throughout the day, every day!
 AH!  Silly mommy wearing a headband from a special friend!  Thank you Keri!
 Reading, reading.  The sadness is below...beware.
 And then the sadness....  She was in her Melissa and Doug grocery cart, and brother was pushing her around....well, the front tires turned quick and she flew out of the cart right on her face.  There was more blood then I've ever seen come out of her little body.  I almost threw up, almost screamed, almost could have bit his head off, blamed him but knew it wasn't his fault, almost pulled my hair out because she wouldn't stop screaming!!!  I'm usually pretty good with blood, but I've never dealt with that much.  I'm also usually pretty good at comforting her but never had to deal with something this painful and I was just SUCH a newbie with this kind of comforting.  I absolutely flunked!  I took her outside after giving her pain meds, blew off some steam with stomping (it really helps), smelled some flowers/trees/anything that we could possibly smell to get off the pain factor, and then bath-time, where everything was forgotten...except when I looked at her mouth and my stomach flopped every time.
Watching Sesame Street, Grace's ALL TIME FAVORITE SHOW!!  Elmo, Pooh Bear, and Minnie are all tied for her FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE character!!

Well, another day, another trauma.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)