Well, for the sake of keeping Grace's journal up to date, I will post without having any pictures in it. I might be starting, "Grace's Journey #2" if I can't figure out this picture situation. But anyways.
It's been crazy busy. Mom mom came the 18th, so of course I got all my homework for the month done before then. We got her hear, had an awesome week with her, and were sad to see her go on the 25th. But with her leaving came another adventure to the cabin for Memorial Day weekend. That was another awesome time with family, the best being the bike ride we went on (with ATV's) today for about 2 hours. I just LOVE four wheeling in deep snow, with the fish tailing and swerves and almost out of control speed :) I went with a niece, and it was awesome. We screamed, laughed, joked, waved our hands in the air, got some rear in the air over bumps in the road and a quick acceleration :) IT WAS GREAT!!! But now we're home. Grace watched her Sesame Street while I cleaned up, spaghettios for dinner, bath time while mommy wrote letters to some friends, and now she's giggling in bed while I relax, blog, and then go watch some "How I met Your Mother!" But we won't be having a relaxing few weeks to come as we are leaving Wednesday at 11 to head to Utah. Grace has Spina Bifida clinic Friday as well as a bladder pressure test and a visit to the eye doctor to prepare for surgery. On Thursday we will be having a sedated hearing test, which I'm OOBER excited about because it will help us see how bad, or good, is her hearing. We will also be seeing an orthopedic doctor to see if we should get Grace some ankle braces because her ankles turn inwards when she stands/walks. But all in all, it can't be that bad. Gas is paid for, as well as meals, housing (Ronald McDonald house) and some times they give you tickets to the zoo if the zoo has donated any.
Well, that's all for now. Just an exhausted mama with a busy week ahead.
I've got a quick plan to share. Grace's eye specialist came a little while ago and brought an IPad 2 with a bunch of developmental games on it, and Grace did wonderfully learning the new concepts. So I've decided to buy her one, but need to earn/save the money to get it for her so she can have the learning apps. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to start donating plasma 2x a week, hoping that will start building an IPad fund.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)