Today was such a windy day! Oh it was so horrible how windy it was! But we still got up and got going, and Grace's sweet spirit kept me in good spirits as well. We went to church today and she was so excited to go to her Sunbeams class. I love that she enjoys it so much. It was Fast Sunday today, and I was especially interested in being able to focus on a desire to read the scriptures. I am starting to read the Old Testament and then will just keep right on going all the way through the scriptures. I am almost on Chapter 4, but I just started. I would have gotten farther but my companion and I went to visit two of our sisters for the month of March. I figured we better get it done early because the months tend to get hectic as they tick on.
Brad, Skyler and I all shared our testimonies in church today. I was the first one and sat up on the stage with my friend Shannon while two children went. She and I were both nervous, but that's only because we are having to start at about 60-70 people! I'll bet it's more than that. I shared about genealogy and family history, and how thankful I am that I was found online by my third cousin and given such wonderful information about my 30 generations, as well as the connection to Abraham Lincoln. Skyler shared about how the struggles in his life have taught him that he hasn't been listening to Heavenly Father, and that your struggles are what makes you stronger and closer to Heavenly Father. He got our friend Janica bawling, and her mom told us she NEVER cries in testimony sharing and so that's amazing that she did. The Spirit must have really touched her heart today. Brad shared as well about trials and struggles, and about how you must remain on the righteous path if you want to succeed in life, and to be near Heavenly Father. I loved that all three of us shared today. It was beautiful. And Grace went and sat with a family in the pew behind us. Their names are Skidmore, and they have 1 girl and two boys, one of which is a year older than Grace. He wasn't very polite but the couple just loved having Grace visit them. While Skyler was sharing his testimony Grace cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled "STY-YER!!!!!" It was so beautiful and funny and not embarrassing one bit! She sure loves her brother.
I had went to peek in on Grace while she was in Jr. Primary, and she was up front begging for chocolate, the little stinker. The lady holding it was asking her to go sit down but she was whining, and so she gave up and gave Grace a piece of chocolate. Silly girl! She knows how to get what she wants! She was coming out the door to me and dropped her picture that she had colored and so I said, "uh, oh, you dropped your paper. Pick it up!" And so she went back and got it. She was so excited about her chocolate that she bit through the foil, which kinda freaked her out because we all know how foil tastes when we bite into it, and what it does to our teeth. So I had to dig around her mouth for awhile (yuck) but in the end I got it out :)
The rest of the day went as normal. Grace went down for a nap and I went to do some visiting teaching with my companion, Stina Veselka. After this Grace woke up and so I fed her some lunch. Then the next thing is so cute! I got really tired and really wanted to take a nap. I used Grace's pillow that was out in the living room and laid down on the couch, and of course she came to bug me. But I asked her if I could nap, and so she patted the pillow and said "nigh nigh" and then went down to where my feet were with her drawing board and drew pictures while I rested. Then she went to her room and played by herself for about 10 minutes. She heard Daddy in the kitchen and so she went running in there, and he had given her a roll. What did she do next? Broke it into a million pieces and shoved it into my neck and shirt collar! AH! But the funny part was that she had kept a piece to put by my mouth to see if I wanted to eat it. So there was no way I could be mad! Then I told Brad, "Oh my gosh! She just broke her roll into a million pieces and shoved it down my neck!" and he laughed so hard that I couldn't be mad for sure. My daughter is so sweet, kind, and important. Then a hug and a kiss was offered, and so I obliged.
After my nap she and I went into my sewing room to color a picture for Grandpa Hildreth for his birthday, and while she sat coloring, I updated her toddler memory book. It was so lovely for me to be sitting there with my daughter, occasionally helping her with a marker lid, but otherwise, we were both content there sitting side by side on our own activities. She colored and played with stickers for about 10 minutes, but then she couldn't handle anything else! I talked with her about some family history that I had been looking at, and I tried so hard to tell her all about the people I'd found, but I guess it's kinda boring to little ones. That's ok! I asked her if she knew where the Azores was, and she said, "yes" and so I said, "You do?!! Where?" And she pointed at her coloring book. "WOW! It's right there, Grace? Thank you SO much for showing me!" Gosh I love this kid.
Finally it got to around dinner time and so I went and heated up some chili over toast. She was so excited and ready to eat!! I stuck her in her high chair and she and I ate together, me spooning her food to her. She also had banana nut bread yogurt, and a sippy cup of milk. Anyways, she would point to what she wanted, and so she's usually go one bite of the bean/bread and one of the yogurt. She was being so adorable. I could just eat this little girl up! Then every so often she'd spread her arms out as wide as she possibly could to give me a hug, and would sneak in a kiss. The most special kiss was during a hug, and she said in her super sweet, loving voice "tiss?" and I said, "ok." She pulled back enough to look into my eyes and softly put her hands on my cheeks and said, "aw, wub oo so much." And then she kissed me ever so softly on the cheek. It was as if a butterfly had tickled my cheek.
After this beautiful moment, she went back to her rambunctious self. These are the moments that I would miss were I not always watching for them. These are the moments that a lot of other parents miss because they allow the daily hassles to get in the way of the connection with their children. I long for these connections, and when they are there, I grab at them. 99% of the time, I accept every hug and kiss. Even if it means that a teacher has to open the classroom door back open so I can kneel down and kiss her, or if the therapist has to stop walking downstairs with her because we hear the "mm...mmm...tiss...tiss!" I don't care. My child loves me, and right now, she wants to show it, so I'll stop the world if I have to so I can share that moment with her.
Well, I could tell Grace was getting agitated about having such a long dinner time, so I got her down from her chair and asked her to go to the bathroom for bubbles (a bath) and take her pants off. Now, first of all, this is an EXTREMELY new concept for her. There are the times where she won't take off anything for me, no matter how many times I ask. But then there are those times that you go into her bedroom in the morning...and...you find a girly that wants you to know she can undress herself completely. Anyways, back to the story.
So, I asked her to take her pants off and had unbuttoned them for her because she can't do that. Well, she went into the kitchen and held on to the counter while she "walked her pants off." That's where she somehow drags her foot down the opposite leg, which pushes the pant leg down, and vice versa until they are off....then...
"Grace, please take your pants to your room." Off she goes, pants hugged between her arms and "so heaby" every so often.
I head to the bathroom and meet her at the door.
"Grace, please take your shirt off and put it in your room." Off she runs and just a second later, she's back, giggling and so happy to be getting the chance to take bubbles!
I went in and moved the shower curtain and was going to sit down on the toilet, but she softly pushed me on my bum and said, "minute." I looked behind me to see what she was doing and she was pushing the toilet seat down and stopping me from sitting down right into the toilet! How stinking sweet! After she'd made sure it was down all the way she patted the lid and said, "Mommy, sit. Bubbles." I sat down and she jumped up and down, giggling and so excited! I turned the water on and poured the bubble soap in and then unsnapped her onesie. Now, I know she can do this herself, but no WAY am I going to encourage it!! So she ran off and came back, once again within seconds, ready to get in. The water was way hot and so I told her she had to wait, and she was just about to run off but then I said, "What about your toys?" and tapped the bottom drawer where we keep her water toys. As I filled the tub the rest of the way she went one at a time, throwing one toy in and saying a number..."one, five, sits (6), weben (11), TIN!" AH I LOVE THIS DAUGHTER OF MINE!
That was the super cute bathroom story. At the end I asked her to pull the drain so the water can go bye-bye and she did. My smart girly.
Well, the night for her came to an end. I love putting her to bed because it's fun to pretend like I'm going to drop her into the bed but then I don't let her drop. She squeals and laughs and looks at me. I can just tell her eyes are beckoning for more! Then I grab her up and fight her for a kiss! Finally, the little one is tucked in with her "who, who (owl from sissy)" and Dora doll. I say goodnight but I know I can't leave because we haven't kissed through the crib bars yet! "TISS! TISS! MMM...MMM..." "Ok, one more kiss Sweet Pea." Then she and I get SO CLOSE to reaching one another through the bars and then one of us cracks up, and then we both laugh for a few seconds before trying to compose ourselves. Ok, we'll get the kiss this time....NOPE!!! Mommy misses and starts laughing, which then makes Grace have a laugh attack. Ok, try again.......Well, you get the idea. Finally we kiss, and then it's lights out for Miss Grace.
See how awesome my life is? And my family? And my daughter? I can't ask for anything better, ad I would NEVER ask for ANYTHING to be different. NOTHING.
I love you baby girl.
I love you Brad.
I love you life.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)