Oh my goodness this was such a great day today!! I am just so happy that we got to have this day, and that we got to just have fun and relax.
So, in the morning Grace and I had to quickly get ready for the day because the community was having an Easter Egg HUNT!!! AH! Grace's two little friends, Kenna and Jaric, came over to go with us since they were going to help her out with getting the eggs. We left at 9:30 and it started at 10. There were SO MANY PEOPLE!! There were sections based off of the ages of the children, and so Grace was in the 2-3 year old section. There were 8,602 eggs TOTAL for ages 2-12. Can you believe that there were about 20 eggs right in front of Grace but right when the sirens went off (The fire department came to have fun, too!) those eggs were gone within seconds. Grace only got TWO eggs. I couldn't believe it. But you know what, she had so much fun. And we went and got some of the empty Easter eggs (they collected them all after), closed them and tossed them around so she could collect some more. She didn't care there wasn't candy in them, it was just that she liked picking one up, putting it in her basket, running to the next one, and continuing :) After this we let Grace wander for a while because she was so overwhelmed, over excited, and just really wired. It was really uncontrollable emotion, so we let her walk wherever she wanted, and then we just followed.
After this I fed Grace lunch and then she went to bed while the two kids, Ryan, Skyler and I went to Walmart and Broulims so that we could get some groceries for Easter tomorrow. This was pretty fun even though it was hard for me to leave Grace. I still have my umbilical cord connected to her, and always feel bad leaving her behind. :) What a sap, right?
After this we packed up some picnic food, waited to wake Grace until 2:30 pm, and then we all headed to Beaver Dick Park for a bbq/picnic!! We were there having tons of fun until 5 pm, and it was just great. Hot dogs, chips, water, the river, dogs, running, dirt, screaming, laughing, Popsicles, swings, and the greatest thing...HORSES!! While everyone was visiting a couple that was showing us how to play a game, Grace and I went to see the horses that people that had come in were unloading. We were sitting in the play area and they called us over to pet the horses, but when we got there, the man asked if Grace wanted a ride. She screamed... "SURE!!!" and so I put her up on the saddle. We walked her around in a circle and you could tell she was on cloud nine. Oh, what a great way to end the day. When we were walking back to the bbq area, she saw Skyler and screamed (and I'm not exaggerating) "SSSSTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY----YYYYYYYYEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!" It's not Skyler, it's Sty-yer. Cute, right? Anyways, she saw him, screamed at him, and took off running the fastest I've EVER seen. Her strides were so long, she was swinging her arms more than ever, and they seemed like better strides rather than kick strides. Oh yeah, and she and Skyler were at the swings FOR-EV-ER. He was so sweet playing with her :)
When we were leaving, Ryan let Grace help pack the truck, and it was so much fun! It was really cute, too :)
Home we went, unpacked, and then I realized I was all alone. We had left the kids with their family, Ryan had gone home, Skyler went to work, and so I thought it was just Brad, Grace and me. But they had gone on a walk without me!!! So I went outside and soaked up the sun and in a little while, there they came around the corner :)
Now Grace is in bed, and she was just so tired :) Now I just finished some homework, am watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, and will do some more homework for the upcoming week. Oh, and the two loaves of banana bread that I just made are cooling on the cooling rack!
Love you family!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)