I am so thankful to say that I am completely finished with my college courses. I will no longer be in any classes until September, and of course this means a lot fo fun with the family, traveling, arts/crafts, baking, and so many other fun things throughout the spring and summer! I know that I missed a whole week of posting, but this is because life has just been so hectic with finals and finishing up courses while pushing through my procrastination. I'll try to remember last week...
Our Fridays we don't have anything going on, neither preschool nor therapies, and so we usually just hang out and do whatever. We go outside and play, go on walks, read a ton of books (she's definitely my little bookworm), and just do whatever to keep the day occupied.
Okay, Saturday and Sunday were the same way.
Monday: Therapy day! We visited with each other in the morning, and once again did the normal play, eat, read routine, and then went to therapy. But this day was a bit different because when I went in to get her out of bed 10 minutes before therapy started...well, she needed a bath again. Darnit! I need to learn to go in early! So we were about 30 minutes late for OT, and so instead of starting any activities with Grace, Jeff just talked with me about some things that they have been working on in therapy, and things they are going to work on soon. Speech therapy went well. At the end of speech therapy Grace gets to play a game on the Ipad where she has to listen to a song "Wheels on the Bus" and at the end Sarah will pause the song so that Grace can say the last few words. This helps with Grace's cognitive skills, memory, and speech as well. So now Sarah is known as "all tru town!" This is the easiest way to get her out of bed for sure!
Tuesday: Crazy day. Grace had therapy with Kelly and so we went to the neighbors house to play! Grace got to play with all the kids, swing on the swings they had there, and I got to talk to the mama's! It was so cute to go watch Grace because the children would follow right behind her while she climbed the stairs so that she wouldn't fall, and then there was one girl in particular that would always wait for her at the slide so that she could put Grace in her lap. I was so happy to see this, and felt so blessed to have these children in our lives, our ward, and just around the corner! Oh, and there was no preschool because of Spring Break.
Wednesday...Hm...this is our day where there's nothing going on, so it was a hang out day. I made something in the sun oven...but can't remember!
Thursday! PRESCHOOL!!! Finally Spring Break was over and Grace was so excited to go to preschool. She is so adorable. We will wait in the lobby and when she sees her teacher through the glass doors leading to the main hall in the school, you can just tell she's happy. She reaches for my hand so we can give hugs and kisses, and then all I have to do is say "go ahead" and she walks over to her teacher, or through the open door :) I sign her in, and then that's it! She will grab a hand of a child next to her, and every time she's done this the child happily obliges. There has not been one child that has pushed her away, or pulled their hand away. I really think Heavenly Father has given Grace her guardian angels all around her to care for her. After preschool Grace played by herself and sometimes came to me for attention while I was making a banana strawberry bread to put in the sun oven. When that was finally cooking I fed Grace (actually, she fed herself in her booster chair!) and then she went to bed. I got some homework done and then pretty quickly it was time to take her to therapy! Physical therapy outside and Speech therapy, and then it was time to head home so we could do therapy with Kelly. They worked on dressing and undressing since Grace is 3.5 years old and I'm still dressing her. But I have to keep remembering, she's about 2 years old developmentally. The bread had been finished when I came home and so I put white beans (not soaked) out there for white bean chicken chili. Then the three of us went out front to work on bikeriding, and Grace succeeded yet again in riding her bike! Oh yeah! The wind had really started to pick up and so we said goodbye to Kelly for the weekend and headed inside. Later in the evening I had to bring the beans in but thankfully they were cooked. About 7 pm Grace was extremely naughty and had tore up a memory file I had of her BYU-I preschool experience. There were pictures crumpled, the label on the front was torn in half, and pictures had been torn off construction paper with their descriptions on the back. She also tore open all the CD's of her baptism pictures and Brad's sons mission pictures. Ug. I was mad...I was mean. Darnit. I apologized later but she kept being naughty (hitting, pulling my glasses off) so she was changed and put in bed. Shew...that was a tough day.
Friday! Finally Friday. The blessed day when I finished my last final. I got a 72% on it, but I'm still at an A- in the class. 5 classes total, all A's and so my GPA is 3.9. That means I get a full scholarship for Fall semester!! HURRAY!! And now that all my classes are done, I can start on a huge list of activities that I have wanted to do for so long. I will list it in another post since it would make this one way too long. I am also excited because that means that while she's napping, I will have time to update her blog with all the pictures that have been stacking up! She is napping right now, and then around 4:30 we will be having family come. They are staying with us while they go to a family member's BYU-I graduation, and then after the graduation (around 9-10) they will be coming here to celebrate with ice cream and cake. There will be about 30 of us total, so I'm so happy the house will be full of noise and laughter. And Grace will be in bed so I won't have to stress over her. Oh, and I've also got beef jerky in the dehydrator and so my whole house smells like MEAT! 3 trays of ground deer jerky and 2 trays of steak jerky. This will probably be done about 6 am tomorrow, and so I'm really hoping they turn out. I was going to dehydrate them in my sun oven but remembered that I don't have the trays to dehydrate with it. Plus, the weather is so weird. One minute the sun is nice and bright and the next minute it's cloudy. We will probably go to the park alter, once the family leaves to go to the graduation. I was going to be watching my two nephews but they were sick, and so my sister-in-law didn't want them to get Grace sick. Her husband, Brad's brother Blaine, stayed back in Montana with them, so we have the evening open to do whatever :)
Well, that's it for now. I'm going to start that blog about my list of things to get done :)
Oh yeah. Grace has been wearing a cloth diaper every so often, and I'm in the process of making cloth wipes. I don't really know what I'm going to gain from doing this, but it's pretty neat that she's using a homemade cloth diaper, don't you think? I'm thinking about starting potty training, but that will be talked about later.
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)