Friday, April 26, 2013

Shew, a Busy Friday

Grace is feeling much better today.  Still has a bad runny nose, but otherwise, she's doing better.  This morning we were so lazy and just stayed in bed for a long time playing around.  I finally had to get up when Grace started getting into her memory box stuff.  Ug.  Most of the morning we just messed around and didn't do much.  While Grace was napping I watched my Little House on the Prairie, and in the afternoon while Brad was at a doctor's appointment Grace and I went to the park!  I took her with her trailer on my bike.  Oh what a beautiful day it was.  Just a wonderful day.  There was a wind but it complimented the sun's warmth very nicely.  Grace swung and swung forever, as usual.  After I swung her for a bit we went and played on the slides, which she likes just about as much as she does swinging :)  We were there until about 6 pm.  2 mile round trip :)  After that we had chicken and gravy over rice with greenbeans.  Grace was SO hungry!  She was fussy and whiny and tugged on my like nobodies business.  But we made it to the table, Grace said prayers, and then we stuffed our faces!

"Heabenly Fader, tant u food, tan to fami, sun, in name, sus tist, amen."

It was so beautiful to hear.  I tell her what to say and then she copies.  Good girl!

After dinner we went out front and while Brad fertilized the lawn Grace and I planted some herbs in my 18 count egg carton.  She helped put the dirt in, then push it down, I got it wet so it didn't blow away, and then Grace helped put in the seeds, I watered it some more while she took 2 empty packages to the trash can, and then we took it into the garage.  And then she was naughty... I had told her right when we went outside that she must NOT go near the fertilizer because it will make her sick.  Over and over I told her, but where did I find her?  With her hand deep in the fertilizer bag.  AH!  Don't worry she didn't eat it, smell it or anything.  I rushed her to the sink and washed thoroughly.  So that was her first no no.  Then we went out back because I had a dutch oven upside down cake cooking (which did NOT turn out by the way) and I told her not to go into the grass because there was fertilizer.  She did it once (second no no), and so I put her on timeout on the stair.  While I was taking the dutch oven out of the fire pit I caught her in the grass again (third and last no no).  It was 7:30 pm, but off to bed we marched.  She was tucked in by 7:40 pm with a firm good reason "You are going to bed early because I asked you not to touch the fertilizer and you did anyways."  Well, you could tell that she didn't care because she went right to sleep!  Little stinker!  But it's obvious she was tired.  We will definitely be going to the park more often, that's for sure.

Well, now it's 8:59 pm and she's in bed, I'm watching Little House on the Prairie Season 2 Episode 21, and now that I'm caught up with the blog, I'm going to work on a present for someone. :)


Amanda

Grace does this really cute thing by the way.  When she is really into talking to you, she puts her hands on her neck and gets RIGHT in your face, our noses touching and eyes crossed.  It is SO CUTE!!  She is definitely my sweet girl.


Oh!  Something else.  Grace got her first canker sore.  Darnit.  It's almost gone, but we found it when we went to the dentist a few days ago.

Well, that's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)