Monday, April 29, 2013

The Weekend

Saturday was a really nice day.  Beautiful weather, got so many things accomplished, and met a new friend at the park!  I finally got a sewing project done that I've been being lazy on for so long, which is a wonderful accomplishment!!  I had spicy bbq pork ribs in the sun oven which ended up tasting DELICIOUS!  We had them for dinner, along with salad, cucumber slices and corn on the cob.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  After nap we went to the park and it was just CRAWLING with people!  College students covering every speck of grass and playing Frisbee, or soccer, or football, or just lounging around with all the little babies and toddlers.  I just can't believe how many new couples there are, as well as new mommies and daddies!  The playground was also teeming with people, and there were long waits for the swings and slides.  I love it here for this reason!!  Anyways, after a while a little girl had come to Brad and take Scotty so she could take him for a walk.  Grace and I walked over and she took Grace's hand and walked the dog together.  Well, long story short, the two girls played together for over an hour!  They ran around together, held hands and walked, and played with a group of college girls.  They did Ring Around the Rosie with them, as well as tickle games and gave hugs and kisses.  The girls name is Samantha, and her mom and I had a nice talk!  We exchanged phone numbers, which of course I ended up losing, and we set a date to meet up on Monday to play again.  Dinner was delicious, and Grace actually ate two lettuce leaves, a slice of cucumber, and about 1/4th of her corn on the cob.  She did great spearing her pork ribs that I had broken apart for her, and was just such a big girl.

Sunday was church day.  Grace had a great time in Primary, and just loves her Sunbeams class.  It felt weird being back at church after so long!  We'd had general conference which we listened to at home, and then we were in Montana, and then Grace was sick, so we've missed a lot of church :)  We didn't do much more on Sunday, but I did clean out Grace's room really well, and my main purpose was because I am getting ready to start preschool with Grace.  So all of her teaching supplies and toys/games are all organized, I'm waiting for Grace's school calendar and 10 drawer organizer to come in the mail, and then I'll get things started with prepping lessons.  Oh, one great thing that did happen?  Grace wrote a number 1 at church today!  We were working on a number writing book at church and were practicing the number 1, and she finally did it on her own :)  She did it 4 times.  She was also very good at circling pictures that I asked her to circle!

Monday.  Today is Monday, and it's surely a nasty day.  High winds, and Brad said it really looks like snow.  So our plans with Aubree and Samantha are off, but I can't text or call her since I lost her number.  Darnit!  I cleaned my bedroom, the kitchen, and have the laundry started, and we are watching Little House on the Prairie Season 4 episode 3 with Grace :)  Grace has therapy today, which I'm so excited about because she loves it so much, but other than that, there's nothing left to do.  There is a free swim at the college from 6-7 pm so maybe we will go to that, but I can't remember where I put Grace's swimsuit!!  That's it for now :)


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)