Friday, July 25, 2014

2nd Half of Drive to California


“Mom, shhh…go to sleep!”  How cute that she would tell me to go to sleep!  And we both laid down and she went right back to sleep.  I couldn’t believe that she was so awake at one moment, and at the next moment she was fast asleep.  I woke up about 6:30 Elko time, cleaned up, checked out, and were on the road by 7:15 am.  Of course we had our random stops to rest, get gas and get snacks, but finally, we made it to my moms work at 3:30 pm!!  She was SO surprised!!!  We visited with her until about 4:30 pm and then drove to Dado and Papa’s house.  We rested and relaxed the rest of the day and I’m glad we did because I was so tired!  Grace was also insanely tired of being in a car and had a lot of pent up energy.  We had macaroni (with red sauce), coleslaw, and tomatoes for dinner (mmmmm).  And then a milkshake!  Hurray J  And Grace went to bed on time for sure, while I stayed up until 10:30 pm with Dado and Papa.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)