Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Seizures

Well, yesterday was a new experience. Grace had what I thought was a cluster of seizures at around 6:30 pm, so I called into the ER and they said to bring her in to check her out. She had a fever (100.8) and she was really different the entire day, and didn't eat much at all. Then, while she was in her exersaucer, she started looking like she'd eaten a lemon, her arms went tight, the teeth clenched, and she just stared and kinda shook. During this time, she wouldn't breathe, and they lasted about 5 seconds, with 15 second increments in between. This went on for about 3 minutes. So in we went. Of course, the ER doctor couldn't say they were seizures 100% because she didn't see it happen, but she said it sounds like they were atypical seizures, and talked to a pediatric neurologist. We were referred to her, and so she will be calling sometime today so we can schedule an EEG. The ER doctor also took some of Grace's blood and urine so they could check for possible infection, but everything came back normal. We were finally able to come home at 12:30 this morning, buts till, she wouldn't eat. So I just put her to bed, and she woke up this morning around 9. She had Therapy this morning at 9, but she was so out of it, that we just kept everything low key. Kinda went with what she wanted to do. After that, she finally had a 7 ounce bottle, and now she's laying down for an early nap.

Ah. Breath of relief. We are home, she's ok, she's upstairs babbling to herself while she falls asleep, and I'm awaiting the phone call from the Doctor. Am I nervous? Yes. Do I question whether what I saw really was a cluster of seizures? Definitely! But a friend of mine told me to never question myself...that mom knows best. So...deep breath...we will see what the EEG says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)