Wow, I can't believe the entire week is already gone. I don't really know where the days go!! Today Grace has Speech at 10, then OT at 10:45, and I will be SURE to tell that OT that she's expecting too much from Grace at this point! It's crazy to think that she's going to hop and stand on one foot after JUST learning to really walk 3 weeks ago. And I'm definitely not going to let Grace get pushed too hard. I won't be super anal, but I will be sure she's working on what she's capable of doing. Anyways, after two therapies, I'll bet she'll be begging for nap time! Which will be good because I get to sew our quilt then!
So, one thing I have been noticing with Grace that I REALLY wish I wasn't noticing. Other than the fact that she NEVER listens to "no" (which is normal with her developmental age), is that she's falling A LOT. I can't quite tell what's going on, but random times she'll just fall when she's up walking. It's like 8 times in one day. So I'm TRYING not to think that there's something physically wrong with her that's causing her to lose her balance, or become dizzy and fall, or whatever. Brad told me that all kids fall a lot when they are learning to walk, and yes, that's true...but this much? And over nothing at times? I'm going to have to keep watching. And hoping it's just her being clumsy.
Another thing I've noticed about Grace? This one is a plus! She'll go play by herself! Oh yeah! I know that might sound harsh, but for a bit we were worried she was becoming one of those kids that have to be entertained from sun up to sun down, and I'm so glad to report that she's not. Like right now, she's off in her room playing with her singing dog! I love that I am able to not feel like a bad mom if I tell her, "Not right now Grace" and send her on her way :) And I am just SO happy she knows how to play alone for a little while! It was especially cute yesterday because she would throw her blocks, balls...anything...down the stairs, then she'd climb down the first little flight (our stairs turn) and she played down on the landing for a while by herself, laughing at herself and so forth, and after about 30 minutes she came up for some Mommy time! Good girl. She also LOVES playing with the dog! She'll lay on the floor when he's laying down, she'll walk around and he'll follow her, if he's playing with his ball she'll try to steal it, and then throw it for him, and she LOVES giving him great big hugs! She'll try to carry him off the couch, which usually ends up with a freaked out dog and a child laughing hysterically! I just love how much she's grown up and matured. But I'm still oh so glad she's my little 26 month old...oh my gosh! She's almost 2 1/2! I must try to find some way to slow down the time!!
Until I learn how to slow down time (like how it drags for three hours in the even between 5-8) I will continue to post everything so I remember!
And what did I tell you? She just walked out here with her block, tossed it down the stairs, and is now proceeding down the stairs to retrieve it! Silly girl!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)