Grace went #2 in the big girl potty!!! WOW!!! She did it last night. I'd gone into the bathroom and when she realized where I was going, she started walking down the hall towards me saying "potty?" over and over and lifting up her shirt as she got closer to me. Good girl Grace!
So that's one #1, and one #1 in one week! I am not really doing the whole, "every 1/2 hour put her on the potty" or the "no diapers AT ALL, just underwear" because I definitely don't think she's ready, so I'm thinking that the reason she was able to do the #1 and #2 is because I just happened to catch her at the right moment :) Good job Mom!
Anyways, time for more news. Presents are all wrapped, and have been for the past two weeks. I wanted to get them done early because OUR MISSIONARY COMES HOME!!! I can't believe it!!! He's coming home December 16th, which is also our anniversary! So as long as he gets here safely, on time, and the welcome home goes off without a hitch, then I'm happy! We are also having a special Christmas this year because the week after he gets home, we'll be heading home to CA to stay with my grandparents!! We'll spend a week and two days there, visiting family, friends, babies, "special spots," and church!! I'm pretty excited, and wish the time would go by faster. But, I will try to wait patiently here :) We haven't decorated too much, seeing as we aren't going to be here, but the stockings are up, and Mr. Snowman is out watching! He's like the Elf that comes around to other houses to tell Santa if the children are being good, but we are lucky and have a snowman come to our house instead! So I made him a box to live in while it's not December, and it's not quite finished. Grace and I are going to decorate it with jewels and stickers to make it super Christmasy. I know, that's not a word!
Hm...lets see what else. The house is pretty much box free...well...just don't go down to the basement and then it's box free. The living room is half a obstacle course for Grace to chase up through as we wait for Brad to build shelves in the food storage room. He's pretty much got the design down. Against the two long walls the shelves will be 18 inches deep, and then in the middle there will be an aisle that is 3 feet deep, so technically, I'll have 1 1/2 foot on each side to put my food storage. The 55 gallon water drums have a wall to themselves, and above them there will be shelves tall enough for my 5 gallon buckets. I'm pretty stoked! I can't wait for him to build this!!
So laundry detergent. I know in previous posts I've made the powdered detergent for the washing machine, but for our washing machine, it's not working out. So I've found a new recipe, and it actually comes from the Duggar (20 kids and counting) website!!
4 Cups - hot tap water
1 Fels-Naptha soap bar
1 Cup - Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda*
½ Cup Borax
- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.
-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)
-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.
-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.
-Top Load Machine- 5/8 Cup per load (Approx. 180 loads)
-Front Load Machines- ¼ Cup per load (Approx. 640 loads)
*Arm & Hammer "Super Washing Soda" - in some stores or may be purchased online here (at Meijer.com). Baking Soda will not work, nor will Arm & Hammer Detergent - It must be sodium carbonate!!
Well, there's the little one, so I better get going. Until next time!
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)