Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time

Time definitely seems to stop for no one! And another thing that doesn't stop for someone...sickness!!! Blah, I'm sick, but luckily Grace has gotten over it quickly. I'm just hoping everyone will get over it by the 16th, which is when we welcome our missionary home!! Grace gets to have a late night that night, as he doesn't arrive until 9:06 pm. We are so excited. Again, there's when time doesn't stop...I can't believe it's already been two years!! We are trying to tie up loose ends with BYU-I so he can start there Winter semester, but it seems to be taking them FOREVER to accept him so I can sign him up for classes! But hopefully, it will all get taken care of very soon.

Therapy...therapy is going well so far. Grace has speech three times a week...Tue at 10, Thur at 8, Fri at 10. It has to be that weird schedule so I can take her there and then back home before I have to go to school, so it works for us. That 8 am though is sometimes so hard to get up for when you've stayed up late the night before!! But she's totally worth it. She goes back with the therapist for 45 minutes (eeek, I don't get to go...) and every time she comes out, she's got a snack bag of goldfish in her hand and a huge smile on her face.

Sometimes, when I watch her walking around, I get all emotional and teary-eyed thinking that 2 years ago, she was my little newborn wrapped up in my arms. And now she's this petite 2 year old with LOTS of character! I LOVE IT!!! But of course, for a mommy it's sad to see her little one grow up. You always want them to be your baby, but you want them to grow up too! I'm just glad I have 16 years left...maybe more!!

Time stands still for no one, so you have to make the best of it all. I do by dancing with her EVERY night before I put her to bed, and after I lay her down, she tries to keep her feet up in the air oh so long, but sooner or later, I catch them with the blanket, rush her bangs from her face, tell her I love her, and blow her a kiss as I quietly shut the door. Those little moments are so worth the time flying by.


I love you Grace!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)