Well, we were up bright eyed and bushy-tailed to get to therapy by 8, and after waiting outside in the 15 degree weather (granted, we were in the truck with the heater running) for 15 minutes, Grace and I came to the conclusion that her therapist wasn't going to show. The last time we met with her she was 10 minutes late. These 8 am sessions are obviously hard for her. So we headed to BYUI to figure out if I need a parking pass, or if I can just use Grace's disabled person placard (she will be going to school with me) and I'm lucky that I don't have to pay for a pass! Then off to the library to get tons of Christmas books! Finally, we get there before everyone else does. We also got a new library activity kit. Did I tell you what those were?
They are kits that the library has put together, and they have about 5 books in them, 3-4 file folder games, and then a 2 inch binder FULL of printouts that can be copied. Coloring pages, finger play, poems, and activities all on a certain theme. I picked out "Art" this time :) I can't wait to get started.
Now we're finally home. We couldn't take the 15 degree weather anymore! No, it didn't go up at all while we were out! The high today is...29!!!
As I'm writing this, Grace is throwing her new legos down the stairs. She's realized that it's absolute FUN to throw things down the stairs and watch them crash. Hey, whatever keeps her busy right?
Today will be "Art" kit day, with grinding more rice (which Grace has already helped me do), the kitchen has already been cleaned, laundry is going, and Christmas presents will be sewed after she goes down for nap! I'm also going to grind some more wheat for my bread I make weekly, as well as rolled oats for cookies! I also have to make plans with friends while I'm in CA so I know where we'll be for meals and everything! But I will be, for sure, making my crock pot lasagna for my grandparents one night!!
Alright, well I better go switch the laundry as it's beeping at me!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)