Monday, May 2, 2011

Our Garden Up To Date...and pressure canning

I swear this garden is wicked fast! I think the only thing I don't like about it growing so fast is that the weeds are very quickly taking over!! YUCK!
Our two rows of green beans and two rows of peas. i didn't think the green beans would outgrow the peas...we will soon have to put up some chicken wire.
Our squash, zucchini and cucumbers...and weeds...
A better shot of the same section as above.
Our seedling plants. I'm glad we planted these seperate of the other things, so that we could see the growth differences. And actually, they are doing as well as the other plants!
A close up on our wonderful potatoes!!! I am so excited about the potatoes because they've NEVER grown well before...actually, ever.
Our pomegranates. This was a branch that my husband planted from breaking it off a tree, and it actually produced last year, and I'm hoping these buds will be pomegranates.
Our non-edible area. I had to show off the beautiful roses :)
And the pretty iris!
And finally...the 7 pints of chicken soup I made!!! Actually, 6 pints of soup and one of broth. And I think, next time, I will find some way of separating the vegetables equally so that the soups all have the same amount. Hm...


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)