Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Therapy with LeeSee

We had a great experience today with LeeSee (Allyse). We didn't know if she'd be coming today, so it was a wonderful surprise to hear her soft knock on the door! Grace was just so cheesy with her in the beginning; it was so cute! I loved watching Grace interact with LeeSee, especially when they read "Growing Vegetable Soup." It was amazing to watch Grace stir the soup picture. Why, you ask? Because she's NEVER been prompted to do that! This was her first time reading the book, so I've never shown her how to do that. So it was amazing to LeeSee that she did that! Then the did some dramatic play with the story, and ate some pretend soup. I loved this as well because Grace would actually eat off the spoon, even though it was just pretend. After this...there was a mess...Grace TOTALLY exploded, so there was a mini break while I cleaned her, the floor, and her clothes! But after that, we were back to business!

The next thing LeeSee did was pull out some matching objects: two fish, two shoes, two socks, and two bears. First thing Grace went for was the sock. She grabbed one of them and held her leg up in the air, meaning "put on". So LeeSee put it on for her, while Grace helped pull it up a bit. Then Grace took off her sock she had been wearing, and pointed at her foot, prompting LeeSee to put the other sock on her. After this, Grace grabbed one of the bears...and we waited...quietly...She handed it to LeeSee, and did exactly what we were hoping!!! She grabbed the other bear that was amongst the other stuff! MATCHING!!! GOOD GIRL!!! That's amazing and stunning because she's NEVER worked on matching with me or LeeSee yet. So for her to know how to find the similar objects is wonderful.

After this matching, more continued. The fish had zippers, and so Grace grabbed one and lifted her foot, so LeeSee put the fish on her foot :) It was so cute! (I should have taken pictures!) Then Grace grabbed the other fish and prompted LeeSee again! Good girl! Gosh I've got a smart girly!

All in all, it was a wonderful therapy session. Grace showed me some skills that we can work on during homeschooling times, and showed me where I might be reaching a bit too much with some activities I was hoping to do. I also discussed development levels with Allyse, and she said Grace is at the lower 18 month age for cognitive, which isn't bad at all!!

Good therapy session!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)