Thursday, May 5, 2011

Therapy Thursday

Today I wanted to make some stew and pressure can it, so I put Brad in charge of Grace while I was busy in the kitchen! It was so cute to see them both come back from their walk and they both had their huge hats on! Grace was so tired from the sun that she just laid on her back support and stared at me. Poor thing! She got some water and went right to sleep when Brad put her down for nap!



I didn't quite get the stew done in time, so Brad had to watch it for me while Grace and I went to water therapy. She was really clingy today, so she didn't do as well as usual. She also has NO fear about going underwater, so it was really difficult to get her to sit on the stair. Seriously, we let her go underwater quite a few times to see if something would register in her head that it shouldn't be happening, but she just sat there. And when she came out of the water, normally kids would be coughing, crying/fussing, or startling, but she didn't do anything. Just stared, wiped her face, and looked at us like, "what are we waiting for?"

This is what she's supposed to do. Sit upright, balanced, and when she's like this, Elaina will make waves towards her to force her to remain balanced.
But this is what she always did. Elaina actually got more than 3 feet away because she's SO clingy, and always lunges forward, thus plunging her head underwater...grr...

She did really well balancing while standing on the kick board, and Elaina could get her pretty far out of the water, which is great strides!!
But she wasn't too excited about walking back and forth on the ramp, which are the pictures below. See the hand up? That hand is seriously like an octopus' arm, with all those sticky circles on them...just waiting to grab Elaina!!!
Here's Grace kissing Dora. I just LOVED this picture!! And this was her first time using her glasses/hat combo and she did extremely well, but once the hat got wet, it was pretty pointless.
The noodle was for balancing. She's getting a bit better at this, but is still kinda nervous about it.
And here she is at home waiting for dinner :) She was just exhausted!
And here's my 7 quarts of Beef Stew with Vegetables that I finished today :) Well, Brad watched it keep the high enough pressure, but I did all the fixing up stuff. I'm so excited!!

Oh, one more picture of her I thought was so cute! This is how I first saw her when they came in from their walk...she was just SO tired. Plus, the movement of the stroller had been lulling her to sleep. What a cutie!!


All in all, a good Thursday. I felt really accomplished, and we got her therapies...OH!! I almost forgot!! Her developmental levels!!! Look below!

Gross motor: 12 months
Fine motor: on track
Self help: 3 year
Cognitive: 18 months
Social/Emotional: 18 months
Communication skills: 12 months

Alright, goodnight all!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)