So I bit the bullet and took of the side of Grace's crib so we could attach the toddler bed safety side. I figured if I didn't work on it in the crib, I'd have an easy out if she cried because I could just put her in the crib. But I actually did it. And she did great at bedtime. We did this last night :)
She was wonderful, and then when I got up in the morning her room was an absolute disaster, but it was well worth it. So we tried it again today...it didn't go as well, but really...
19 minutes to get her asleep with only 6 escapes, and one of the escapes was inbetween the safety side and the crib!
So I'm pretty darn excited. That's one night time sleep and one naptime down! I'm hoping to be able to get to the point where I can leave her door open so when she gets up, she can come out rather than just being locked in her room.
What's the reasoning for the transition? Lots of people might say to just leave her in the crib because she's not escaping from it, she's not growing out of it, and she doesn't dislike it, so why change? It's because I want her to have some independence. But the real motive is because we want to take her purple toddler bed to the cabin and leave it there for when we go up there, and if she doesn't know how to sleep in a toddler bed, it will be a disaster! So we're getting her transitioned! the pack in play is just too small for her now!
I'm excited :)
Ok, time to go make my pesto pasta!
Thank you for the pesto Keri!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)