Monday, April 30, 2012

Therapy Day!

Today Grace had her first day of Physical therapy with her new therapist, Brad.  It was just an evaluation, and she did pretty well.  She kinda freaked when he laid her down on the massage table because she thought she was at the doctors office, but he went quickly enough (she was doing situps) that it was over quick as a flash.  There was a long list of things he's still got to teach her, so we'll be with him for a while.  He also does pool PT every other week, so we're going to get started on that as well.  The only thing he said is that both of her feet roll to the side (outward so her big toes on either foot are in the air), so he's going to talk with Stacy (the home PT we had/have, she will come 1 time a month now) and see if she will need to cast Grace's calves/feet for a mold, and then get shoes inserts for her feet.  I'm kinda "eh" on it, only because I'm nervous about the casting, but I'm also wanting her to have her feet straightened like they should be.

Speech went well.  I don't go in with her because she focuses more when I'm not there, but since I'd followed PT, I figured I'd follow speech too for an update for the blog!  She did well.  Talking up a storm, and she really had control over the whole situation!  It was cute!  He made her say every single thing she was supposed to before she got to have/touch/play with anything, and that's what we've also been doing at home.  We've started on colors, yellow and blue specifically, but it will be a long road for colors.  That's ok though :)  We've got a pace set for little miss and that's her pace that she chose, so we're cool with it!  She played in the ball pit about 4 times!  A couple times he threw her in, which was super cute!  She LOVED IT!!  And they played with farm animals and she got the sounds, without help, for the cow, horse, sheep, dog, and chicken.  Isn't that awesome?!  She got distracted when he got to the pig, which she doesn't know anyways, because she was fascinated with the farmer toy.  It's so cute too, that now Grace is talking more, she's pretty much non-stop.  On our way home from therapy, she saw Arctic Circle (fast food with play area), and as we drove by she said, "play?  No no...no play.  No play."  I'll bet you $100 she was signing play back there too!  She also does that with McDonalds!  It's so darn cute!  Oh, and every single park we drive by!  But with the park, Porter Park especially, it's, "play? Play?  Wee?  Wee?...no wee.  No play."  AH!  SHE'S AMAZING!!

Can you believe she had that long of day with just a 45 minute nap.  Crazy girl woke herself up and decided not to go back to sleep.  Shew!  She was zonked by the time bedtime came!  Her eyes rolled more during dinner than I've ever seen, they were as pink as a pig, and she did NOT want a bath tonight.  She just wanted her BED!

Funny little snippet before I go...We went to the college library to get a book on IEPs.  I was leaving the third floor (which is the group work floor so it's kinda loud anyways), and right as I'm in the doorway, like seriously, one foot in the library and one foot in the 3 floor stairwell with tons of people milling about, she decides to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!  Not a scared scream.  The scream she gives when we're in ANY room that has an echo, which the stairwell did!  AH it was SO funny!  I had to discipline her, but as we were going down the stairs, she and I burst into laughter, and then I charged down the stairs while bouncing her with each step because it just makes her laugh so much!!!

Fun day, fun evening, and now that homework and blog is done, it's time for some TV.


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)