So, I've been trying for a few months now to see if there were any organizations that might donate an I-Pad to Grace so we can work on a new communication style with her. We've been using verbal and sign language, and she is very good at understanding what we say, but she is having great difficulty communicating verbally to us. I've done some research on how we can help Grace, and the best thing we can do at this "next step" part of her growth is to get an IPad that has a communication application called: PROLOQUO2GO
Since I haven't received any news back from any of the organizations, I'm forging ahead on my own in hopes that my blog friends, family, and special needs families will support us in this adventure of buying an IPad for Grace. There is a "donate" button right under my picture and information on the right hand side of the blog if you'd like to donate some amount. Anything will help.
Here are some screenshots of the application that I got from the apple.com website:

With this application she will be able to pick the boxes that she would like to use to let us know what she wants, and the application will speak for her rather than us having to assume what she wants, or asking her a bunch of questions until we get it right.
This application is $190.00
The IPad that we are hoping to get is $800.
Along with this application there will also be many others, some being:
- Learn To Talk First Words
- iSpeech Toddler Sign Language
- IEP checklist
- ABC Wildlife
- Sparkabilities
- Tap Tap Baby
- Do As Me
I am hoping that with the help of all my blogger friends, my family, and other special needs parents, we can help raise money so Grace can get this very much needed IPad. I'm hoping that by the time she gets into pre-kindergarten, she will be able to communicate enough that people will understand her wants and needs without me having to tell her what to say. I'm hoping this will give Grace the freedom of expressing her own thoughts and wants without having to go with whatever I say.
If you have the ability to help, please do. I know this will help her tremendously. I've seen what great things an Ipad did for her when her hearing specialist came over and had one. Even in the 1/2 hour she was here, Grace was learning to follow with her finger on the screen, she understood that if she were to touch the bubble on the screen that it would pop, and that she could make an animal "talk" if she touched it.
I thank you for the time you've spent reading this post, and will be grateful for financial help, prayers, or emails of encouragement!
Amanda

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)