We had a friend over yesterday who's daughter was also name Grace! She was only 2, but oh boy was she a spitfire! Kenna was over as well, and so we had another fun time with watching the girls swim! Grace did absolutely wonderful with her swimming, and did leaps and bounds better than I thought she would at this age. During this swim time, shes slid into the water on her bottom off the side of the pool, can stand up and drop, splashing all around, can sit and rock back with her arms catching her and NOT go head under...and the biggest thing?!
SHE CAN GO FACE UNDER WATER FOR UP TO 8 SECONDS WITHOUT BREATHING AND NOT DRINK UP ANY WATER!!! It's like...all of a sudden she has figured out that you hold your mouth closed with your deep breath inside, and you don't breathe through your nose until your out of the water. There were about 20 times that she would put her face underwater, chill there, and then come up as if nothing had changed! And there was even one time that she put her head down under, pushed off with her arms, and as she was gliding forward, she was kicking with her feet and doing strokes with her arms. I'm obviously going to have a swimmer on my hands. It's so funny because I'd JUST showed her how to do the arm strokes one time, and already she gets it!
Great job Grace!! of course today it's muggy and teasing rain so we can't swim, but that's ok :) I'll bet if I gave her the chance she'd rather go out there and freeze than to not be able to swim!
Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)