Oh, how we do love the mail. I love receiving cards and letters, and especially packages! The first day I got our keys, which was like 6 days after we moved in, I was happy to see a card from my grandparents!!! What a way to welcome us to a new state, huh? And silly Dado had a cute comment in there that just made me laugh! Then just yesterday, I received a HUGE package. Well, not just me, but all three of us girls!! We had just missed the Fed-ex guy. We were walking back from the pool, and I saw the truck pulling away, so I started running to our apartment door to see if there was a package there. Sadly, I didn't see one, but then I saw the little note saying they'd leave it in the office! So I got dressed and headed to the office. Now, I thought I'd just be receiving one thing from a friend, a can opener. There's been this joke that we are all settled, but don't even have a can opener! And when I told this friend, she actually sent me one! So anyways, I asked the ladies up front and they were like, "Well, it could be any one of these..." and with a wave of her hand, she showed me a stack of about 10 packages. But, mine was so easy to find!! A BRIGHT PINK label stuck to the front, about 4.5" x 6" big with "Amanda, Kailyn and Grace Hildreth" written in pink marker, and "Keri and Jona" as the senders. I was SO HAPPY!! I couldn't even wait to get home, I had to open it right there. There was a sweet letter inside, the first thing I saw, and then two pictures that Grace had made with them at the state fair. But sheesh, it was so much more than just a can opener. This is what else: a CD of pics/movies of Grace, a $25 gift card to Winco (I can't use my debit card because I've been having issues with the pin...I told her that and she sent me this!), ziploc bags, sandwich tupperwares, picture nails/hooks, a can opener, 2 "just add milk" mixes (banana bread and chocolate chip muffins), and bread tins! I was so...touched. I cried about it in the car when I called Brad and told him. He didn't even know what to say other than "you really have a good friend there." I'm such a sap too. It's just a package, but I see caring right there :) Not that everyone has to send me a package. But I was really just venting on a not so good day, and she totally picked up on it and "fixed it". So I definitely thank her for that!! I miss you too Keri, and I KNOW Grace misses Jonathan!
So now, I get to send something back :) I will be making a little book called "Grace goes Here and There" for Jonathan, and it will be with pictures of Grace at the park, the zoo, the apartment, the pool, and so many other places. That way he understands she's just moved houses, and that she's doing well! I can't wait to get started on it!!
I also love sending mail, and have already sent the postcards we got from the zoo, and some cards too. I especially love snail mail because I like handwriting to people. Computers and emails aren't as personal, but they are free, so I do understand why so many people just shoot an email out!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)