Gosh, goodbyes are hard. My friend Keri came over today with her son, and they helped us pick our crop of green beans. Since we can't use them, I gave her the crop, along with some bell peppers and squash/zucchini. After a little visit, they had to be on their way :) They made sure we knew where they'd set our "lunch" for our road trip tonight, which was filled to the brim with goodies. And as we gave hugs goodbye, I can't believe the love that Grace showed her. She pulled Keri's face close to hers, nose to nose, and with her little dirty hands on either side of Keri's face, they stared at each other for a few seconds while giggling. I can't help but tear up when I bring this back into my mind just minutes afterwards because that's exactly what Keri's little one Lily did when they were close to saying goodbye to one another for now. To see Grace, my Grace, the glasses yanker super speedy hands Grace, to lovingly hold Keri's head while nose to nose and giggling, I just melted! And even now, as I type this, Grace is over on the stairs, halfway up, giggling as she stares at me between the rails on the stairs, and when I glance over at her she giggles BIG! What love this beautiful spirit holds, for friends and family alike. I don't think I could have asked for a sweeter farewell. As they drove off with two bags full of green beans and sweet spirits, we just stood there waving. Grace gave the best waves ever; her arm WAY above her head, shaking to and fro as fast as she could, watching them drive off. We'll be back little Grace. Don't worry. You won't forget them, and they you.
My heart hurts for those friends that are so near and dear to me, and it will take time for it to heal, but this will be great. We will keep in touch, I will remember them often and with sweet memories, and they will get to receive mail from Grace as she grows...with pictures of her reaching milestones, pictures made by my sweet artist, and sometimes gifts that Grace has decorated :) Emails, letters, calls, packages, and maybe even skyping!!
We love you all, all those that have been part of our lives. I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends with me throughout Grace's almost 2 years of life, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I will keep you all forever near and dear to my heart.
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)